New bleach supplier in Katy TX.

Great 👍🏻 help us out by adding it to the bleach finder
Scroll down to the bottom

Also @Newdude can we add this tool to a page where it will be seen & hopefully utilized a bit more? not sure where it would be best, I have never found it naturally, it was in a post once & now I just search for it

With Napco not selling retail anymore, I had to find a new supplier, and it turns out we have a new one.
Patriot Cleaning Supply in Katy, off Mason rd. Daniel just started, and he is selling 12.5% bleach for $3/gal. Looks like he has a great operation selling to pressure washers and retail. Let's make him successful!
So tonight I put my 2 sump pumps in a 5 gal bucket and brought them to my neighbors house because he just fired his PB and we measured his FC at 32 and CYA >200 and pool draining is the only option. He just so happened to be talking to a nice woman walking a dog. One thing led to another and pools came up. She informed me that there’s a new chlorine sheriff in town. I did a quick search here and found the info instantly. I’ve been going to pinch a penny for $4.73/gal for (alleged) 12.25%. So I’m super excited to find a new local place. Woohoo!

Yep that’s the one.
That's collective knowledge at its FINEST when some schlep from NY knows the new wholesale chlorine supplier in Katy TX. :laughblue:

$3 and change per gallon, per the hive wisdom.

:lovetfp:

*edit. Just realized this is the PCS thread. :crazy: But the point stands.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Just got back from Patriot Cleaning Supplies in Katy. I got my first batch of three dollar 12.25%!!!!!!! He can pump 2 jobs at once. He has a 8-gpm pump and a smaller 5 gpm setup. He used the latter to fill my pinch a penny jugs. It's a little further than PAP for me but definitely worth it!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@dldeuce have you had any bleach strength issues with Patriot? I had three 2.5 gal jugs (that I got from Pinch a Penny) filled at Patriot recently. Something is up because it never ever produced the amount of FC based on my dosing. As an example, last night I added 3 gallons in my 18,000 gal pool and FC increased by 5!! It should have increased by 21 ppm. So I’m guessing it’s around 3%.

Also, the pinch a penny (PAP) bleach I have been getting for over a year is very consistent and raises FC to what pool math predicts to within 1 ppm. The PAP bleach is definitely yellow in color, deep yellow. The Patriot bleach is way way lighter in color and I notice when I pour it into my graduated pitcher to measure it before dosing, it creates some bubbles in the pitcher. The bubbles do not last long, but the PAP bleach does not behave this way. Just an interesting observation.

Just curious what your experience is. Thanks.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: KJB1 and Newdude
Something is up because it never ever produced the amount of FC based on my dosing. As an example, last night I added 3 gallons in my 18,000 gal pool and FC increased by 5!! It should have increased by 21 ppm. So I’m guessing it’s around 3%.
Call them and they either stand behind their product, or ramble off excuses thinking you don't know better.

As a seasoned TFP-er, you will be entering a battle of wits with an unarmed individual. :ROFLMAO:

But maybe they make it right because it was an honest mistake.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Call them and they either stand behind their product, or ramble off excuses thinking you don't know better.

As a seasoned TFP-er, you will be entering a battle of wits with an unarmed individual. :ROFLMAO:

But maybe they make it right because it was an honest mistake.
Also, they may be unaware that they are receiving a bad supply of liquid chlorine so they might wanna know that- they paid for it too.

Reactions: Newdude
Yep for sure. I’m calling him at 8am. I’m willing to give him another shot. What I don’t want is to have to deal with inconsistency. Like I really need another variable in my life!!! To their credit the PAP LC was always consistent.

Daniel was genuinely concerned and is gonna fill me up no charge. We chatted about possible causes so I can tell he definitely wants to get to the bottom of it. I’ll search on here…I know I’ve read some posts about ways to test bleach for strength via dilution….

There is also a test kit, that is really expensive, to test higher levels of concentration of sodium hypochlorite.

Just got back from Patriot. Daniel was super nice, refilled my three jugs at no cost. He has a simpler, gravity fed, hoseless dispenser for smaller jobs. This should eliminate the possibility of any flush water that may be left in the hose making its way into my 2.5 gal jugs (which would be essentially insignificant if he was pumping a big 100 gal job or whatever). I’ll dose the pool tonight to see if I get what I expect. Hopefully no issues!

Happy to report that the bleach strength is legit. I actually ended up with 2ppm more than expected! This means that my pool volume may be too large in pool math, or the bleach was greater than 12.5%. Daniel told me today that his supplier produces the bleach same morning it is delivered and he gets a printout of the concentration provided by the supplier… and it’s typically 14.xx %. But either way it appears to be stronger than the pinch a penny LC I’ve been getting for over a year.

So it looks like last time I filled up I may have gotten the tail end of a bad batch, or maybe the lines got flushed and I ended up with some flush water or who knows. But Patriot Cleaning Supply made it right and he now has a simpler method to fill small jobs like mine, reducing “dilution risk”. I’m hoping the product is consistent, and assuming the low concentration stuff I previously got was an anomaly, then all should be good. If anything remarkable happens I’ll update. I’ve had a very good experience with Patriot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.