New and Just Starting

Ok here are my numbers with K-2006

FC: 15.8
CC: 2
pH: 7.2
TA: 160
CH: 70
CYA: could see dot all the way

Haven't added bleach since yesterday around 4 pm.
In that case, you're doing well. Maybe overdoing the bleach a bit...

Did the CYA sample at least get cloudy? You don't want to overload the water with CYA, but you should target about 30 until the SLAM is done and then raise it further.

Your pH is not accurate at those FC levels.

Speaking of levels... did you know you can test using 10 ml of water and have each drop count as .5? Speeds it up and saves reagents. Also, you don't need two full scoops of powder. As long as you add enough to se one or two undissolved crystals after mixing it, you have enough.

So at this point, add some CYA, allowing for what you guess might be in there based on cloudiness and continue to keep FC up at 12 or so and keep brushing, vacuuming, and filtering.

Yeah it was slightly cloudy thought at one point was going to dissappear, but then filled up.

Did not know that about the 10 ml. I was freaking out when I go to 70 drops lol.

The white foam was pretty thick after not touching it for a day. I guess I will add 15 CYA and see what happens, this needs to hurry up lol.

You poor thing! That is a mess.

Richard is the guy who will get you on the right track now that you have a good test kit.

Now I will tell you to take a pic every day. THAT will help you and us see the color change. It will be sight but it will be there.

Test the FC and dose as often as you can to keep your FC at you SLAM level.

HUGS!

Kim

You're on the right track. You can do this! Don't give up; it does work! With my first and recent SLAM, I learned that on the days I could test every hour, things moved along much quicker. I also had to watch the filter and backwash several times a day. When you pressure rises 20-25% you backwash. My resting PSI is also 10 so I backwash and 12 or 13. I don't want to overwhelm you, but skimmer socks and a little DE in your filter help too. Let me know when you want more info on those two steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20150619_192326.jpg

That's as of this moment.

Thanks for the encouragement. At this point I'm really tired of looking at it lol. I've invested to much time and money now to quit. And my daughter asks everyday can she do a cannonball yet so can't quit till she can.

As far as backwashing it was needed every hour or so at first. Now it hasn't moved 1 psi in a day. I backwashed anyway just came out clear. Should I vacuum on filter now instead of to waste?

Also only DE I saw was in a 30lb bag and was 30 bucks I'd rather not unless it'll speed it up.

Sure, you can vac to filter now. No need to backwash until 25% rise from clean unless you notice a big drop in pressure from return. Yes, 18 is the number.

Please add your state to your location in your profile.

The DE helps the filter pick hip smaller particles. It's ok to wait on it, but if you get too stalled, you might want to try it out. Just keep at it! But the skimmer socks are cheap :). 99 cent knee highs from walmart. They also pick up smaller particles. You just have to watch and clean them every hour or so at first.

I still use them now, but don't have to babysit them anymore ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you get some DE and knee highs? These two things will help with the cloudy water.

Time and bleach will help with the algae killing.

Keep it up and your pool will be like a jewel. I hate that it take so long :(

Kim

Ok so this morning

FC: 15.5
CC: 1.5
CYA: 40

The water is super cloudy. Even in my sample bottle can't see the bottom.
Sunlight will help remove the CC. If you can stick around all day to babysit, adding a little DE or cellulose to the sand filter might speed up the clarity issue. It will require frequent backwashing and someone around to keep an eye of the pressure and flow. Just keep brushing and bleaching.

Yes!

Add 1/4 cup at a time. You are looking for a 1% rise in pressure. Keep adding at 1/4 cup at a time until you get that rise.

IF it shoots up real high upon the adding of any of it STOP and backwash.

We had one that it took only 1/2 cup to get a high rise in the pressure and another that he had to add 2 cups before he got any rise at all. So you can see that every pool is different!

Kim

20150621_072656.jpg

The moral is low.

That's from this morning still no change. FC was down to 12.5 bumped back to 16 per poolcalculator.com. Added DE yesterday still never needed to backwash. Did anyway watee came out crystal clear. Been scrubbing and vacuuming.

Could I have a filter problem or a stubborn pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.