never-ending issues with IC40, cell light blinking AGAIN

Yes it indicates a bad flow switch which can explode your pipes apart if left that way. Get a new switch immediatley and make sure it can't turn on without the pump first and shut off before the pump stops.

yes, i'm aware of the explosion risk if the cell runs without the pump...but the clocks are synchronized, so running while the pump isn't on isn't a concern even though it's technically possible. the way it's wired now is the way it was wired from the builder. the pump has constant power and runs on a schedule, and the cell timer (now sonoff switch) matches the pump's schedule.

the SWG is on a sonoff switch which continually syncs the time via NTP (was previously on an intermatic timer), and the pump has battery backup so the clock going out of sync isn't a concern. i was more concerned about it happening potentially when it was on the intermatic, because i was constantly having issues with the stupid little tripper things falling off. with the sonoff running the salt cell it shouldn't be an issue.

i was more asking if the temp issues i was seeing before could be related to the flow switch being bad, not worrying about the possibility of the cell exploding. i'm planning on moving to a nodejs pool controller over the coming months which will take care of the clock synchronization even further.

coming back to this now since i just this afternoon finally replaced the flow switch (SWG has been off for the winter for the past six months or so, so it wasn't a real pressing concern). new flow switch already gets one bonus point compared to the old one, as the flow light stays red when the pump is off (remember my original flow switch was turning green even without the pump being on). so at the very least i've solved that potential problem / hazard.

i'll update here if this ends up fixing my low temp issues and blinking cell light madness as well.

Reactions: Newdude