Need to Replace My Remote - Options?

This is the PCB board? The board on the left with the 4 connectors? I think it was mentioned that the newer version with only 2 connectors is what I need.

No - the PCB board is the feature board. It connects to the larger CPU board. When I looked up the IQ30-RS some places specifically list it and some do not.

Your old one doesn't have it (you just have that small chip). The newer ones do. Jandy used to sell these boards separately as some have more capacity than others. To upgrade your system to be able to handle more things, you just replaced the PCB board.

For sure keep that multiplex board though they are quite expensive.

This is an example - my old PDA board (I upgraded to an RS)

AJFCJaWLpyy_3_FtmMhYOB2__ri25ONH8hhURFAR0llfagBLR25k3wz6V0A10curkVaI66t6-qC4J7keja0LVIMahWqUc9ev56qIwkMb2uMTonD-NwULHneHri5TuvjJRjkyRyf-AqSOxkmAj5C7tpK_rNxSww=w533-h947-s-no

OK guys. I appreciate all your help. Got the new control board installed. Got the iAqualink 3.0 connected to my home network no problem. What I’m stuck on is adding it as a location online or through the app. I found a couple of threads on it suggestion to reset the control board and a few other steps to no avail. Also found this more recent thread where the person had the same issue. Called support and they added it within seconds.

I get the “Enter a valid serial number” error like this person so I wonder if they have to validate the serial number or something on their end.

If you guys have any tips I can try I’d appreciate hearing from you. Looks like support is not open till Monday and I was hoping to get this squared away this weekend.

I just wanted to post an update to thank everyone that helped me out on this thread.

I purchased the IQ30-RS upgrade kit and was able to install it without much trouble. I did have to call the support line to get the location added to my account as I couldn’t get done after all the troubleshooting steps I found on other threads in the forum. The support guy did mention that sometimes some serial numbers aren’t recognized and they have to do it on their end. Took him all of 1 minute to add the location.

One unexpected bonus of upgrading is I didn’t no that I can control my Intelliflo VSF pump from the Aqualink RS. Maybe my old unit was able to as well but I didn’t know that. Took some trial and error to figure out to setup the speeds because I was renaming the 1st two speeds and I later learned those run as default.

Additionally, I replaced my old Jandy heater that had a bad Temp Control board. It was 18 years old and I decided I didn’t want to keep replacing parts on it every year. I got a Hayward gas which is much smaller and an added bonus. I plumbed and wired it yesterday. Had no trouble wiring it to the automation and my wife and enjoyed our first dip our spa in over a year!

Again, thanks for all the help you guys.

Reactions: PoolGate
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.