Need Jandy relay with normally closed (NO) connection

wysocki

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2015
Covina,CA
I have a spa alongside my salt pool and when I use my spa I'd like to disable chlorine generation from my SWG as it builds up too much while I'm in the spa. I think the best way of doing this is to tap into the fact that I always use my AUX pump when I'm in the spa. So I looked for a relay to feed the SWG that would be always closed but would open when I ran my aux pump.

Unfortunately I'm having a difficult time finding one. Does anyone have suggestions as to a relay that I could use for this (or just a better idea to solve my main issue).

I have a spa alongside my salt pool and when I use my spa I'd like to disable chlorine generation from my SWG as it builds up too much while I'm in the spa. I think the best way of doing this is to tap into the fact that I always use my AUX pump when I'm in the spa. So I looked for a relay to feed the SWG that would be always closed but would open when I ran my aux pump.

Unfortunately I'm having a difficult time finding one. Does anyone have suggestions as to a relay that I could use for this (or just a better idea to solve my main issue).
This one has both NC and NO terminals and the size appears to be the same as the ones in a Jandy system. Would need to take the 2-conductor control wire from an existing relay if available:

This, for much less that could be mounted in the Jandy cabinet somewhere. Would still need the power/control wires:

W,

I thought that was a standard feature in your automation??? :scratch:

I can set one output level for Pool and one for Spa.. But... I don't have your automation. In general, if one automation can do it, they all can do it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX

3779904.jpg

If you have a Jandy Aqualink system, you can route power to the SWG through a Spare Relay and set the DIP switches so that the Spare Relay turns off in Spa Mode. Read the manual for the details. This can be accomplished with standard Jandy relays (don't need normally-closed relay). This is how mine is set up, works fine.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.