NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I need to replace the valve with the broken handle with a new diverter valve, The valve the builder put on is Crud and gave me issues when they closed the pool recently. Basically the valve didnt close all the way leading to the air lock leaking and then the handle broke off.

Im going to replace it with a hayward 2" 2 way diverter valve (all my pool valves are hayward so wold like to keep it the same), I just want to confirm this is the right one - Hayward PSV2S2DGR 2-Port PSV Diverter Valve
The pipe is a 2" pvc pipe.

The other thing I want to do is put a union on the pipe for the spa pump, What is the best way to do this?
Should I just add a 2" slip union after the pump before the valve or should I add a threaded slip union at the pump inlet like my pool pump has (circled in red).
I don't care which is easier, I want it done the proper (best) way.

IMG_9082.jpg

Yes - pump union at pump. Really no need for the inline union then.

It's best to have a pump union on both pump ports.

Yes - pump union at pump. Really no need for the inline union then.

It's best to have a pump union on both pump ports.
Speaking of that is there really any point to having the valve on the return side of the spa pump? The jets get blocked with rubber inserts in the winter so I’m not getting the point of that valve?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.