My pump looses pressure after 5 minutes.

A loss of pressure can be several things.
If you have good suction and your pump basket remains full the likely issue is from the pump or filter.
First ensure your impeller is not filled with debris. Turn off breaker to pump and try to remove any debris.
Second is to check the pressure of the filter. What is your normal operating pressure. Do you have a VS pump or a Sngle Speed pump? Clogged filters will prevent flow going to your pool. What type of filter do you have?
Third - what do you have downstream from the filter that could restrict flow?

Mom,

Is the problem that the flow out of your pool returns gets weaker, or is it that the pressure gauge on your filter goes down???

What kind of pump do you have? A single speed pump, and dual speed pump, or a VS pump? If you don't know, show us several pics of your equipment pad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi guys. Thank you for responding. I have a single speed pump. I put the filter on recirculate and it never lost pressure. I changed my sand and it was fine for a few hours. My impeller is clean and there are no clogs in my lines. I went out this am to take apart my pump to get a good look at the impeller and found a leak at my union going from skimmer to pump. I have been Trying all dang day to fix that leak. I went to the store to get an o-ring but none of them fit despite taking the old one with me. I lubed the old o-ring which looks mostly fine but it didnt work. Then I noticed that the two pieces of pipe arent really lining up because when I screw the nut back on there is a gap on one side and not on the other. I am still going to go find the o-ring because my pool is 7 yrs old and Im sure it needs one either way. Not sure if it's going to work but if you guys have more suggestion please feel free to throw them my way.

Mom,

Is the problem that the flow out of your pool returns gets weaker, or is it that the pressure gauge on your filter goes down???

What kind of pump do you have? A single speed pump, and dual speed pump, or a VS pump? If you don't know, show us several pics of your equipment pad.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hey, the flow going into the pool gets weaker and it looses suction on the section side as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.