Brandy Station/VA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hello, my name is Rosie, i have two questions, hoping someone can give me more information or instructions.

1. My pool guy (he only closes the pool for winter), did not do a good job las September and i would like to know if this can probably be the reason i am having issues today, when he closed the pool he did not remove the timer from pump switch the next morning the pump ran as schedule and i realized probably 35 minutes later after pump started to run, and now that i am in the process of opening the pool, getting pool clean, balance getting ready to turn on Salt Chlorinator realized he never turn it off. will this damage the equipment? i have to replace the flow switch GLX-FLO-RP of the chlorinator, as is not generating salt.
  2. Since i opened the pool on Saturday i noticed after a few hours pump running we have low to no flow of water…. and pressure is up to 20, looking in the internet shows it could be filter is dirty, i have been backwashing 2 o 3 times a day, i bought a pool sand filter cleaner and cleaned the filter, it got better now star getting low flow after almost 5 hours running… however i am still not able to have the pump running for at least 8 hours without pressure going up & backwashing, i would like to do a deep cleaning to the sand filter but i would like to know if this is a good idea if so ow to do it when i already opened pool.
Thank you

Are you saying the pump ran without water (dry) for 35 minutes? For sure that could have damaged it. In addition, if your pool was winterized, and the pump ran with pipe plugs (skimmers) installed or valves closed, your plumbing could be severely damaged. Your suction pipes (pipes coming from the pool) could have collapsed. Pumps create a lot of suction.

Thank you ajw22, i will try that.

PoolGate, how do i know if pipes are damaged or collapse.... is there a way to test it...pump seems to work fine... there is no leak and the pressure stays below 10 for a few hours until water flow starts to slow down which looks like it could be due to algae i will try the overnight chlorine test... but i am still learning about this, thanks

PoolGate, how do i know if pipes are damaged or collapse.... is there a way to test it...pump seems to work fine... there is no leak and the pressure stays below 10 for a few hours until water flow starts to slow down which looks like it could be due to algae i will try the overnight chlorine test... but i am still learning about this, thanks

The only way to really know for sure would be to scope the pipe run. I thought above you were saying the flow is low to none. If you get full flow at some point then it is probably not a plumbing issue.

I have this scope which would work. Amazon.com

PoolGate, how do i know if pipes are damaged or collapse.... is there a way to test it...pump seems to work fine... there is no leak and the pressure stays below 10 for a few hours until water flow starts to slow down which lookslike it could be due to algae i will try the overnight chlorine test... but i am still learning about this, thanks