My CYA is 0??

drsteven23

Jul 1, 2023
Houston
So, newbie here. I used the CYA test twice today & I can clearly see the black circle no matter how many drops I add. I have a SWG pebbletech pool.

does that mean I need to add cyanuric acid? If so, how much do I buy?

When you say now matter how many drops you add... do you mean even if you fill it all the way up to the top 30 ppm line with equal amounts of pool water and the CYA reagent? If so, then yes, likely means you have low CYA levels.

There will be dosage information on the bag of CYA granules, but what most people do is use the Pool Math app (free!). Put in your pool size, then play around with the app and you'll find a couple ways to estimate how much is needed. If you'd rather not mess with apps, try the old Pool Math page.

Recommended values are embedded in the Pool Math app, but also here on the site. If you bump up your CYA levels to the recommended range, be sure your free chlorine levels don't drop too low; they need to be higher with high CYA level.

So, newbie here. I used the CYA test twice today & I can clearly see the black circle no matter how many drops I add. I have a SWG pebbletech pool.

does that mean I need to add cyanuric acid? If so, how much do I buy?
Add enough to increase is 20ppm. You can download the poolmath app to help you figure out measurements and all that.

If you’ve been chlorinating with trichlor or dichlor you likely have some CYA in the water, it’s just below the 20ppm threshold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.