Morgan Spa / Gecko / Topside Buttons Not Working

dmcknight

Jan 18, 2021
Texas City, TX
I have a 2006 era Morgan spa with Gecko guts according to the sticker and a web search of the motherboard components (pictures are attached). It's been shut down for a few months while we figured out what to do with a waterlogged cover. We took delivery of a beautiful cover from BeyondNice and all that is working great. But when we fired up the tub to flush and purge, I find the up/down buttons do nothing. No matter if I'm in program or operate mode, there is no response from either one. And although this tub is old, it's in extremely good condition. Ah, one other thing - the light hasn't worked for a year or so and I assumed it was the bulb itself, but I wonder now could it also be part of the topside controller?
Should I try to replace the main topside controller? I can't find an exact 8-button like this one. I would appreciate any guidance and links on what to buy.
thanks,
DavidIMG_6889.JPGIMG_6890.JPGIMG_6891.JPGIMG_6892.JPGIMG_6893.JPGIMG_6895.JPG

It's likely a topside issue, either a short, bad buttons, or damaged wire/connection.
Older gecko parts can be very hard to get since covid, as they have been busy playing catch-up on their new stuff and having supply issues up in Canada, like the rest of us. Also, many spa manufacturers will order proprietary parts made special just for them and specifically not compatible with aftermarket gecko parts. I'm not sure if this is one of those, I can't say I've ever seen a morgan with a gecko pack.
If you can't find the part I would recommend a Balboa pack for replacement. It likely won't be any more $ than that old topside, if you can even find it. I paid $650 for my last old gecko topside only because I couldn't make a balboa pack fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.