Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I’m currently running at 6 psi, normal operation is 12. I’m seeing flow through the salt cell, and the pump basket is clear. I’m getting reasonable pressure from the jets. What should I troubleshoot to see where a problem might be?

First ting I would check in the reliability of the pressure gauge. Does it fall to zero when the system is off?
It did. It seems that a little debris in the pump basket must have been making the difference. Would you mind sharing a link to the appropriate lubricant for the seal around the pump basket, please?

Reactions: Texas Splash
If I a,m getting flow through the jets, and can see water in the salt cell, should I replace the gauge? It’s been doing this a little lately. Is there anything else I could check? My water temp is at 90, as well. This makes sense given the recent increase in temp to around 100 ambient, but the two happening at a similar time cause me some concern

Dave,

Could the gauge, or it could just be the small port between the filter and the gauge is plugged.

Take the gauge out and turn on the pump and see if water sprays out. If it does not, shut off the pump and then use a garden hose to backwash the port into the filter.

If water does spray out, then stick the gauge back in and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The gauge doesn’t really move when the pump is turned off. Water does spray out when the gauge is removed. Thanks for the awesome tips.

Also, mods, thanks for merging my threads. Apologies for the similar posts.

Is there a recommendation on a new gauge that’s more reliable? This install is only six months old. The one from TFT maybe?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I recently had this happen to me and i was not getting the cleaning that i thought i should under low pressure.. I completed a deep sand clean which i believe broke up a short circuit within my filter.
I could feel a couple of "chunks" or hard spots down in the filter. If this truly was happening, then the water can pass through the filter "short circuiting" and not clean as good while running at a low pressure.

I had not cleaned my sand for 5 years or so. Maybe give it a shot as it only takes 15 minutes. Sometimes it is a bad gauge but not always..

The biggest advantage I see for the TFTestkits gauge is it is glycerin filled and protected from freezing down close to zero (I think).

So, but in all but the coldest of climates, you can leave it on the filter over the winter.

Secondly, the range is from 0-30 making it noticeably easier to read and pool pumps don't go above 30.

Well that was a bust. Gauge came in today. I gave a small pull on the pressure release after installing as the instructions read, and it flies off into the abyss.

Back to the stock one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.