Low Pressure Leak ?

evanwellens

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Stony Point, NY
Having a strange issue, wondered if someone might have some insights. This year and last the same issue. Beginning of season the pool pressure is good , no air appears in the pump housing. As the season goes on and it starts shooting more and more air out of the jets that go into the pool and the pool housing viewport shows much air. It's getting so bad that the pressure is really low and the heater wont stay on due to a fault ( I believe is sw open raypak). ( new filter cartridges as well ) When it happened last year I was going to troubleshoot at start up this year, but operated for about a month this spring , no issue at all . Now it's back. I'm pretty sure it's a suction side leak. But not sure where and the circumstances seem odd except that maybe the weather warming has some effect? . The oring on the pump is 2 years old and looks in good shape, though I am no expert. The check valve and plumbing to and from it is also ~ 2 years old ,never a sign of leak. Link is to a the current setup and issue depicted. New video by Evan Wellens Any suggestions would be awesome.. Thanks in advance !!!

Do you use Pool Lube on the pump lid O ring and other O rings?

See if this article helps...

Do you use Pool Lube on the pump lid O ring and other O rings?

See if this article helps...

You know I usually do... But ran out.. Maybe that is the issue.. Didn't think so since it was fine most of may and juine.

Air in the pump strainer basket is most always a suction side leak. Located somewhere between the skimmer mouth and the impeller. They are typically hard to find but easy to fix. There is an article in Pool School that may help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.