Looking for grading, backfilling, drainage suggestions

h20yeah!

May 15, 2023
Indiana
I'm done getting our new AGP built and filled and now need to put some finish around the outside. I wanted to get some input from those with experience in this area on how best to go about it. The plan is to build a deck up to the pool on the upslope side with enough deck around the perimeter to walk all the way around the pool but this project most likely won't start until fall or spring of next year. One concern I want to address right away is getting drainage in place on the slope side to divert water out around the ends and daylight to drain downhill into our pond.

Drainage:
  • With this being an oval pool the buttress-free supports come out about a foot or so exterior side of the pool. Would it be best to trench just outside these and down lower or some other method? This pool model says it can be in-ground up to 27" so I thought maybe slope (material undetermined??) from the pool wall out to where it is currently level, lay the pipe with downward slope to each pool end and then backfill.
  • Those that have experience with the pre-sleeved corrugated drain pipe, did you lay it on gravel and backfill with gravel to help mitigate silt and clay clogging it up?
Let's open up discussion and see where it goes. TIA

457D1D7A-40E9-4EA0-8D0A-00ADBF5CC4F2.jpeg
7E0ACDF8-4663-43AE-9D5D-A84233630FF8.jpeg
DCB92F0D-CD7D-4BBE-98F7-31D7C59B3D62.jpeg
6FF27886-B1B6-4A35-93FF-259E9AEB1A61.jpeg

Last edited:
Please post your pics directly to the TFP forum. Many of us will not click on unknown links.

Reactions: elleb
Please post your pics directly to the TFP forum. Many of us will not click on unknown links.
I tried posting the pictures directly but it kept erroring out on me. Tried dropping jpeg’s direct from my computer. I also just tried from my iPhone and received the message “Oops, we ran into a problem”. The links above are to Box. It’s like Dropbox.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.