Casa Grande, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I want to know The FC usage each month in arizona.

Anyone have a year of logs or a yearly spreadsheet by the week or month I can look at.

Last edited:
@FlappyLipps
Sorry, I can't help you with liquid chlorine usage because I run a salt water chlorine generator instead of using liquid chlorine.
Obviously, you'll use much more in the summer than in the winter.
r.

Reactions: KJB1
Chlorine usage fluctuates based on temperatures, UV, organics and bather load.
Lots of variables to consider.

With your reported CYA of 50 - you will probably use 3-6 ppm per day - based on the above.
Be sure to follow the FC/CYA Levels - and dose for the upper part of the FC target range.

A SWG runs daily to add chlorine during the run time set.
In AZ, we can use a SWG almost all year. When the water temp drops into the mid 50s, we use liquid chlorine until the water warms badk up.

• Wow
Reactions: KJB1 and MyAZPool
@FlappyLipps
Exactly what @proavia says.

With an IC-60, pool size of 20k, full sun most of the day in summer, little organics (I do my best to keep them out to start with), it goes something like this.
Mar-May 35% (5 hours)
Jun 40% (7 hours)
Jul-Sep 45-50% (7 hours)
Oct 40% (6 hours)
Nov 35% (5 hours)
Dec-Feb Liquid Chlorine

For me, this will usually result in a fairly constant FC level of 5-6ppm at a CYA level of 70-80ppm.
r.

Last edited:
Thanks, The % usage per month is what I was after.
Im using 5.5 FC a day right now with 2 trees next to the pool.
Those percentages are with a SWG that is rated at almost 3 times the pool volume.

This time of year in AZ, try bumping your CYA to 60 when using liquid chlorine.
And dose to the high size of target range for your CYA - FC/CYA Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.