lining repair

tulpa

Jul 26, 2021
Northeast
I am new to this. I had my new pool just installed. The guy mounted the faceplates with no water in it, which I am realizing was a mistake. Now that the pool is full the return line inlet looks like this.

Any suggestion how to fix this?C1A04F51-45C1-4663-9E0C-D9D2B1DEE680_1_105_c.jpeg

Hi, welcome to TFP! First I would contact the installer and let them know what happened. You never cut holes for the return or skimmer until the water level is just below those points. It can be patched, but they owe you a new liner. How does the skimmer opening look?

It also looks like you have some issues with water quality. Do you use a well to fill the pool?

Hi, welcome to TFP! First I would contact the installer and let them know what happened. You never cut holes for the return or skimmer until the water level is just below those points. It can be patched, but they owe you a new liner. How does the skimmer opening look?

It also looks like you have some issues with water quality. Do you use a well to fill the pool?
Thanks. The installer disappeared. He was, as I am realizing, a self-proclaimed pool installer with clearly not much experience. I am not getting a new liner from him even if he ever returns my calls. The pool is 40x18. Stupid of me but it was hard to find an installer.
Can I use something like this: patch
The water was good but it's been sitting for 10 days without treatment. Electric was not totally ready and now I can't start the pump and the chlorine generator until I fix the liner.

PS The skimmer opening is thankfully good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.