Leaving bubbler on?

One of the negatives would be a rise in PH. Constant bubbles being produced can result in rising PH which needs to be fixed with more muriatic acid.

What would the reason be for keeping it running all the time anyway? I run mine when I need to increase PH, or for showing off the pool, but do not run them most of the time.

One of the negatives would be a rise in PH. Constant bubbles being produced can result in rising PH which needs to be fixed with more muriatic acid.

What would the reason be for keeping it running all the time anyway? I run mine when I need to increase PH, or for showing off the pool, but do not run them most of the time.
Ok thanks, well generally speaking I just enjoy the sound the water makes when the bubbler is on, and I spend a lot of time outside in the back patio, even if not swimming.

How fast is your pH in your pool rising, and what is your current TA level? If it's low enough the pH rise might be minimal and you wouldn't need to worry too much about it. Might be worth trying for a few days and seeing what happens.

Yeah, might want to leave them off to avoid pH rise, then. You can let TA fall down to 50 but if it goes below that, you'll have to add some baking soda to get the TA back up to 50, and then you'll be playing a game of add baking soda / add MA / repeat. :/

Reactions: Zplayer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.