Spa Gradually losing water in SPA/ Heater mode

FlyersDude21

Oct 23, 2023
Houston
I've noticed whenever we use the hottub, what are gradually goes down when we have it on spa mode / heater running.

Could it just be that there are a few people in there and the bubbler/blower is going and Waters leaving faster than it can refill?

That one photo is about an hour after a few people were in there.

1000011664.png

1000011622.jpgScreenshot_20240415-095209.pngPXL_20240415_143917356~2.jpg

Last edited:
The spa does not refill when in spa mode. Whatever amount of water you start with is recirculated.

Then you lose water over the spillover as people get in. The more people in the spa, the more water is lost into the pool over the spillover.

When everyone gets out of the spa the water level will be lower then when you started.

The spa does not refill when in spa mode. Whatever amount of water you start with is recirculated.

Then you lose water over the spillover as people get in. The more people in the spa, the more water is lost into the pool over the spillover.

When everyone gets out of the spa the water level will be lower then when you started.
Is there a way around this or is that just how it works? So I would assume if I want to heat the hot tub I would have to put it back in the pool mode every hour or so to refill?

At this point we have no idea why your spa is losing water. There could be a number of reasons..

If I were in your shoes, I would run some tests. Put the system into the spa mode (don't need heat) and let it run a few hours with no one in it.. Does it maintain the same level or not?

If the spa water goes down, with no one in the spa, then you have a leak of some kind.

Could be in the spa structure itself, leaking into the ground or back to the pool.
Could be a plumbing issue.
Could be as simple as your return valve is leaking and letting a little spa water go back to the pool when all the water needs to go back to the spa.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I was more so saying that after a while if water gets low I'll have to put it back in pool mode to refill and then reheat.

If you want to add water to your spa you have to go into POOL mode or SPILLOVER mode depending on how your system is setup.