Leaky connections to the pump and filter.

For the pipe connections, ignore the screw downs. The end of the hose should have a firm plastic ring. Go to Home Depot (or Lowes) and grab some of these:

You can get all sorts of sizes. I found the 2" to 1.5" reducer was great for the hoses. You need to put the hose into the 1.5" side and work it up into the bell of the 2". You can then put the 2" onto the sand filter. Same should work for your other leaks.

For the drain plug, I bet it is a damaged plug.

For the pipe connections, ignore the screw downs. The end of the hose should have a firm plastic ring. Go to Home Depot (or Lowes) and grab some of these:

You can get all sorts of sizes. I found the 2" to 1.5" reducer was great for the hoses. You need to put the hose into the 1.5" side and work it up into the bell of the 2". You can then put the 2" onto the sand filter. Same should work for your other leaks.

For the drain plug, I bet it is a damaged plug.
What screw-downs do you mean? The ends of the hoses is a firm plastic with an edge and then there's what I've seen called the NUT which is a cuff with threads to attach it to whatever.
I have one of those flexible couplings I can give it a try as well.
The pool store also thought it was the damaged drain plug. So we bought another and replaced it. It didn't leak for a day or so and now I can't get it to stop _ even when everything is blocked or turned off.
Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Those Intex hoses need a black L Shaped O ring seal inside. Like the one below. That's not an intex pump and sand filter so your connections aren't going to work unless you found a way to add a rubber seal in there somewhere. This L Shaped O ring won't work if you try to use it with a PVC connector. Personally I would try to adapt the second picture (Female adapter) to the pump and sand filter and then use the Intex hoses to and from the pool. If you do use this female adapter you will not need the L Shaped O ring.
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 3.53.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-16 at 4.05.51 PM.png

What screw-downs do you mean? The ends of the hoses is a firm plastic with an edge and then there's what I've seen called the NUT which is a cuff with threads to attach it to whatever.
I have one of those flexible couplings I can give it a try as well.
The pool store also thought it was the damaged drain plug. So we bought another and replaced it. It didn't leak for a day or so and now I can't get it to stop _ even when everything is blocked or turned off.
Thank you for your time and suggestions.
The screw downs I am referring to would be the nut in your description. I will take some pictures of my setup when I get home from work to show what I mean.

Yes, I tried the female adapter like the white one and it will screw into the pump but then uses the 1.25” hoses and clamps.
I also tried the adapter that has threads on both ends so it can screw one end into the MVP and the other end let’s the hose with the threaded cuff 1.5” attach. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.