Leaking somewhere

Punchyp

Jun 13, 2019
Indiana
Ive been in denial but i lost 3/4" of water in 24 hrs with the solar blanket on so i dont think it evaporated.
I can see a weid looking spot on the bottom of pool liner. (Rust colored spot the size of a fingernail) Could that little spot lose 500 gallons in 24 hrs? How do i truobleshoot this if its in plumbing? No visible signs of wetness anywhere.

Get your snorkel and mask ready. Get some food coloring and with the pump turned off, dive down and squirt a little near the spot to see if it gets sucked into it. I just had a leak losing over an inch of water per day which took me 3 weeks to find a cut about half an inch long. The cut was due to me brushing too hard and that tiny thing was sucking in the red food coloring as fast as I could squirt it out.

Be patient with a leak because it is usually not the first 5 areas you suspect. Unless you have a pool party in a few days, don't add any water and let the water level keep falling as a way to determine if it is any place in the top 2-3 feet. To rule out plumbing/equipment, you can put your caps on your returns and leave the pump off for 12+ hours to see if the water level still drops at the same rate.

With a vinyl liner, odds are that there will be a small hole at a seam or on an edge of the floor. Small holes in vinyl are very common but also very easy to patch once you have found them.

Ive been in denial but i lost 3/4" of water in 24 hrs with the solar blanket on so i dont think it evaporated.
I can see a weid looking spot on the bottom of pool liner. (Rust colored spot the size of a fingernail) Could that little spot lose 500 gallons in 24 hrs? How do i truobleshoot this if its in plumbing? No visible signs of wetness anywhere.
I’ve had two companies out who can’t find anything. Waiting formwater to warm up a little more before I do my own inspection.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.