Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good afternoon,
Yesterday, went to turn on my solar as it’s been warm here. Noticed that there is some water coming from under the Pentair compool actuator valve.

Years back I replaced some inner workings because it was not activating. It is activating now, but it’s leaking. Any input on what could be going on?

My finger is pointing to where leak is coming from.

Attachments

• 95D36254-3EB5-4F14-B2CE-F3F92D0AB26A.jpeg
    95D36254-3EB5-4F14-B2CE-F3F92D0AB26A.jpeg
    547.3 KB · Views: 22
B,

Actuators do not have any water running through them. The problem is the Jandy style valve under the actuator. You need to take the actuator off and repair the valve itself. They sell rebuild kits.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Remove the actuator from the diverter valve.

The diverter valve has O rings on its stem that probably need to be replaced.

how involved is replacing these O-rings and or rebuilding this valve?

Is this a universal part assembly?

I’m not sure what is the actual valve I have.

Show us a pic looking down at the handle. The handle looks like from a Pentair diverter.

Busy on the unit the last four days. Haven’t had a chance to post.

Thx TFP’ers for helping. Thanks for that link AJW22. Here is a pic looking straight down. When I look at that PENTAIR guide, it looks like what I see on page 2. If it is, do you think I should replace part no. 6, 7, 8? I think 7 is the spacer guide.

Here is that downwards pic.

Attachments

• 4B6506A9-9478-4812-892C-6134A23D76A9.jpeg
    4B6506A9-9478-4812-892C-6134A23D76A9.jpeg
    641.8 KB · Views: 12
If it is, do you think I should replace part no. 6, 7, 8? I think 7 is the spacer guide.

Yes, replace 6, 7, & 8. While 7 is a split washer it can get compressed and wear. While you are in there it is worth getting the spacing back like new.

Note you need two of 8.

Thx AJW22. When you say getting the spacing back like new, you mean the spacing as a result of what would be created from using these new parts, right?

Should I put Magic Lube on these o-rings before I place them?

I'll go ahead and see where I can order these. Will check Inyo among others.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got a rebuild kit from an Amazon vendor. Removed the actuator, disassembled the valve, removed the parts, lubed up the rings except part #8, throw it back together. Works like a charm.

Thanks y’all for assisting with this!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thanks y’all for assisting with this!
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.