Landscaping around waterfall and rocks

May 22, 2013
Fort Salonga, NY
When I opened the pool this season, I found that some animals (looks like raccoons) made a home under the cover, behind the rocks, beside my waterfall on the far side of my pool this past winter. They dug out a lot of dirt and pushed it over and between the rocks right into the pool. The end result is an extremely dirty pool that is difficult to get clear. With an old leaf rake, I scooped out 3 wheelbarrows full of sand/dirt. I gave up on running my pool filter because within 2 hours of running the pump my cartridge filters would get clogged like I have never before seen.

I am looking for advice on what I could plant in those spots to prevent this from happening in the future. Something uncomfortable to an animal. Something that a tarp cover and water bags would not kill and it would come back after being covered. Preferably something nice to look at and would grow over and around rocks. And something to hold soil in place as dirt coming into pool with heavy rain has always been a problem. I am open to any suggestions. I added three phot0 attachments but not sure how to make them visible with this thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.