Is My Pool Deck to Narrow for Rocks Next to It?

Netsedge sucks. I use a product called sedge ender (can get it on amazon) to spot spray around the yard and hit the occasional sedge that likes to grow in the garden too with it. It kills it within a few days.

NEVER PULL NUTSEDGE... gotta kill it from the roots and the only way to do that is spraying the leaves. Pulling nutsedge makes it come back 10x worse.
I learned that the hard way!! I had been pulling them for years & they had taken over! When I found that out I felt like an idiot 🤣
The image did the trick for me, I picked it because it’s safe for ornamentals & the nutsedge was completely intermingled with my hostas. May need to reapply a little this year. I was going to try some sedgehammer if that didn’t work even if it killed the hostas- I wanted it gone!

I learned that the hard way!! I had been pulling them for years & they had taken over! When I found that out I felt like an idiot 🤣
The image did the trick for me, I picked it because it’s safe for ornamentals & the nutsedge was completely intermingled with my hostas. May need to reapply a little this year. I was going to try some sedgehammer if that didn’t work even if it killed the hostas- I wanted it gone!
This is a little offtopic but for the price, Sedge Ender is just as effective as sedgehammer. I was buying 1 packet of 1 gallon mix for 15 bucks of sedgehammer, wheras sedge ender gives me a 16-ish ounce bottle for 25 bucks and I can mix about 16 gallons worth in a sprayer. WAY better bang for my buck. I like to pass that knowledge on to others who may need it... I'm sort of a lawn freak.

This is a little offtopic but for the price, Sedge Ender is just as effective as sedgehammer. I was buying 1 packet of 1 gallon mix for 15 bucks of sedgehammer, wheras sedge ender gives me a 16-ish ounce bottle for 25 bucks and I can mix about 16 gallons worth in a sprayer. WAY better bang for my buck. I like to pass that knowledge on to others who may need it... I'm sort of a lawn freak.
Thanks. I’ll look into Sedge Ender. Nutsedge has gained a footing in my lawn, which isn’t too bad, but it is also taking over in a bed of lilies that I have. I’ll have to check to see if Sedge Ender or Sedgehammer will kill the lilies, but I might have to sacrifice them to get rid of the nutsedge.

As for the pool surround, if you use a blower or you have a mowing crew that uses a blower the pea gravel size will be pushed around by the blower. 3/4" and up its not moving. We have 3/4 on side for two years now and we haven't had piece in the pool only a piece or two on the deck if when i dragged the hose over it to pump out some water during the winter.

I also used liriope on the downhill side. That’s the area the dogs use while they are in the pool area. It takes their traffic and rolling pretty well.

My medium sized #57 doesn’t generally move when I use my battery powered ryobi blower but I could see it being an issue with a more powerful one. Definitely something to consider when picking the size of your rocks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.