Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Well the cupboard has arrived..... WITH ONE WHOLE SIDE MISSING..... Summer doesn't have much time left, and four days of rain isn't helping....

I'm resigned to not using this Stenner this year..... By the time I get another cupboard here we will be in February, so its not really worth it....

I'm going to be manually dosing the pool with bleach but I am setting up my filter and pump... I'm not even going to bother with ball valves....I will be pulling it down in winter anyway.....

Sorry to hear about the cupboard :( Even though there maybe not much time left this summer the more you get done and tested will save you on set up time next year, just a thought.

Are you keeping the intex valves so you can shut off the water for cleaning the filter?

Hi barlidge :)

No I'm going to get rid of everything intex for the rest of this summer....I'm still setting up as I would if my cupboard was here, just without the stenner..... My cartridge filter is nearly 1 metre tall and 30cm wide, I will not have to clean it before I close it as its so **** big it will do the pool for the rest of the season..... I will have it plumbed with ball valves or ball valve unions next year..... No thru the wall skimmer this year either...

The soft fit is done going to connect it to the pool tomorrow when its warmer!

ea779123d546b8003ac732b602757c20.jpg

48d280ac9e213753abcf4db5e6de85dc.jpg

a835b50fcf36ae3d8007810bd2b81711.jpg

c3c3f0a5cd7f79103179a715c40bb2a6.jpg

More tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this is quickly turning into a nightmare..... Really..... The intex fitting holes I cut are too big for the Hayward ones, so I am in the process of draining the pool down past the return holes so I can assess how to fix it....

INTEX FITTINGS SUCK IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD..... Thinking about vinyl patching the holes and cutting ones that fit.... Thank goodness I've got heaps of vinyl patch... I'll be buying a new liner next year.... Hubby isn't very impressed, but he wasn't impressed when he had to fix holes in the liner right out of the box... So I think he'll go with me on the new liner....

Feel like I've shot myself in the foot..... :-(

Yes barlidge, finding the elbow you've got pictured in Australia has been the bain of my existence.... Its no where to be found, and I've taken my fittings to every place in Canberra that sells PVC pipe....... BUT I've found a third plunger valve, so we are going to go with the plunger valves and just use hose clamps to attach the new hose to the bottom of the plunger valves.... Its the simplest fix.....but I've drained the pool about 3000 litres for no reason.... Not happy Jan.... At least I know everything is sealed... That's one bonus... :)

Rightio... Its been a productive day..... Managed to get everything connected... Now we just have to silicone the hose connections into the cartridge filter (a quick call to the supplier helped with that) and I've ordered an extra plunger valve online as one of ours doesn't seal properly due to a crack in the housing where the rubber gasket goes, so now I've solved all the problems and the pool no longer leaks... Pretty impressed....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Barlidge for the offer, but the unions and valves are really expensive over here too, and I would have to buy more of those, so I'll just stick with the plunger valves....

I can turn everything on tonight at 6.00pm... I've given the silicone 24 hours to set, so it should be awesome.... Cannot wait.....

Looking good!!

Amazing how you've slotted that size pool in there, and that you've managed to keep the thing clean while sorting out your plumbing dramas.

Sometimes finding parts here in Australia (when readily available in other parts of the world) can be frustrating!

Thanks Karlw.... We measured and measured then measured again to make sure the pool would fit in the front yard... We were amazed at how much room we actually had.....

The new plunger valve is on its way but its coming from South Australia, which is a bit of a distance, meanwhile my pool is losing water at a rather rapid rate, as far as leaks go... :-( Its a small, slow trickle.... So I really need that part..... I'm going to use the pool this weekend regardless.....I'll just be topping it up again...

We are about to head outside and try to fit everything together and check for leaks again.... Fingers crossed, we've managed to find them all....

More later.....

Well its a miracle.... The pool is up and running... :) I've already vacuumed and its AMAZING...I shut off one of the intake valves and it took me 15 minutes... :) The pool is super clear, the cartridge filter is doing its thing.... The great thing is the circulation....The return jet reaches right across the other side of the pool.. :) The two intakes are passive, strong and work great.... At the moment I've got the skimmer running, and the other intake, and the return... The pump is handling it no dramas.... So very happy with it.... And its so much quieter than the intex pump.... Really nice... :)

Its really windy and not real warm here at the moment... But its supposed to be hot tomorrow....

Thanks guys, I owe it all to this website... No way would my pool look this great without the help of all the wonderful people, mods, admins and experts....

I am finally at peace with my pool... I just have to realise that these pools can take a beating.... I get anxious when the boys are in it and I see it move and I can hear the liner creak due to being 1 inch out of level.... Its just the vinyl squeaking on the metal tubing frame, but its bloody annoying... Can't wait to pull it down and do it all over again.... Gluttons for punishment we are, and just stupid really....lol..... We maybe able to level it, when we empty it to close it... I only have to remove cracker dust, and the most effective way to do that, is with water.... So when I drain the pool to below the fittings, I'll use the water to wash away some of the cracker dust out from underneath the sleepers, and it might just work..... Dodgy but worth trying....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.