Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Hi Punniya, I had to go close to the fence in order to make it fit I need space for the pool ladder and I don't have any space lengthwise... And people still need a walkway to the front door....That little machine is a plate compactor... It compacts soil with vibration, to a hardness that can't be achieved by hand... Handy little tool... :)

Guess what finally arrived today?
836da252a1664dbda173fd5d87d87f46.jpg

The amount of **** I had to wade thru to get it through Australians customs wasn't too bad! But it's here now and all is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks trying to buy new stuff for the pool this close to Christmas... I still need to buy a filter and a new pump as the one that came with the pool will only be a stop-gap solution.... Due to space constraints I'm going with a cartridge filter, and I am still to adapt the plumbing to fit... INTEX FITTINGS SUCK.... They're horrible when it comes to making stuff fit.... I will cut the hole for the thru the wall skimmer after the truck has done 10 litres... I still have to organise water....

Now that Dave is back at full time work it really slows things down.... And he's working 6 days this week, so I'll be doing most of it myself.... The repair patch should be arriving by the end of the week.... Hopefully Thursday....

I really like the way it fits... Its going to be 32 degrees celcius here today, so nearly 90 for you guys.... I didn't bother with putting anything underneath the pool like insulation, there was no need....

I would much prefer to do all the work on the pool... But last time I did, I ended up with the shoulder dangling. Throw the pump under the tree n tell the kids Santa brought it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well its a beautifully sunny day here, so the kids are chomping at the bit, to go swimming, so at lunch time after I've balanced the water, they're free to go swimming.....

I've already added the correct amount of liquid stabilizer and chlorine, today I'm going to run the entire series of tests in my test kit... Very shortly actually...
Its 8.11am here and its already hot....

We're also putting up the Christmas tree tonight with the family.... Lovely day ahead... :)

Swimming pools n Christmas Trees... That just doesn't sound right over here! :mrgreen:

Rightio... The pool might be up, but I've still got heaps of work to do..... I've decided that Intex and all the fittings suck.... Nothing fits properly.... So I'm ditching all the intex intake and returns and swapping them with Hayward ones... The plumbing will then be totally standard, and the good news it, the holes that are already there will fit the new Hayward hardware....

I've picked up a cheap water pump to replace the pathetic one that came with the pool....It doesn't have the power to run the vacuum.... I've managed to get an Onga Pantera 75sq ft cartridge filter also... The pump is 0.75hp, it can shift 14000 litres an hour so it will do the job, consider my pool is only 18000 litres.... Its only 550watts so it will cost me nothing to run.... I didn't over size the filter too much because I didn't want a pump that was too big, or overkill as its called.... This will have plenty of grunt to run the two intakes, the skimmer and the return... :) The necessary parts I need should be here this week... I've still got to order two Hayward Male Threaded adapters for the intake jets I just bought, they're coming from Amazon, 20 metres of 40mm spa hose from ebay and some various pvc parts, including new ball vales as the ones I've ordered are way too big.... The point I'm trying to make is, standard sized plumbing is the only way to go... I've been trying to source pieces that would fit the intex and nothing worked, so yeah, I'm happy with my decision...

It will take me the rest of the summer to get it exactly how I want it, its never easy with back to school stuff new school uniforms and everything that comes with it.. Money Money Money Money Money......

Wish I could get in the pool today, its so quiet and peaceful here.... But I've got an ear infection, so I'm off to the doctors tomorrow... :-( Feel crappy....

Ok... I've just ordered the hose, the Hayward connections, the Hayward elbows... I've also managed to find a T connector that's 40mm, but its coming from the UK, so I'm stuck with this crappy filter system that I cannot open or clean due to not having valves on every connection, so the new equipment can't get here fast enough.... I am very happy that everything is standard plumbing now... The holes that I cut for the new intex connections are only about 2mm bigger than I need but Hayward come with great gaskets so I'm not envisaging any problems...

Just waiting for the parts to get here will be a killer.... The Hayward elbows are coming from the US, the Hayward connections are here in Australia, and the T connector is in the UK, it truly is a global market.... But everything is going to be 40mm... I can't tell you how pleased that makes me...

I've also been contemplating where I'm going to mount my through the wall skimmer.... It will be down the suction end of the pool, and I've just realised I didn't order enough t connectors from the UK.. How am I going to add the skimmer into the outtake line? I'm gonna need it... Dammit.... I've just emailed the seller, hopefully they will work something out... I may just have to pay a little more to the current order....

So I'll have two intakes and the skimmer and one return.... I will turn off one of the intakes when I'm running the skimmer...

The only thing I have to pay for now is the Cartridge Filter, and the ball valves....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.