Just starting BBB method...

FC at 7pm was 25, so I'll check back in the morning :)

(Is it normal that I do the last drop, it turns clear, I check it with another drop, stays clear--- but as I'm writing down the numbers, etc-- I go to add the 003 drops and it's tinged pink?)

FC at 7pm was 25, so I'll check back in the morning :)

(Is it normal that I do the last drop, it turns clear, I check it with another drop, stays clear--- but as I'm writing down the numbers, etc-- I go to add the 003 drops and it's tinged pink?)

When you do your CC test go right to the test before the sample starts to turn back to pink from the FC test. Have your R0003 ready to go. ?

Just tested at 8am!!! So 13 hours went by and guess what?!?! NO LOSS!

FC= 25
CC= .5

So-- I passed the OCLT test, right? Water is crystal clear, CC is .5, and didn't even lose ANY FC in 13 hrs overnight!

Now what? JUst let it drift down to FC of 9?

When do I test again for pH, Alk, etc? Not til FC is 9?

Also-- how long should I be running the pump now?

:cheers: :swim:

So-- I passed the OCLT test, right?
Yes

Water is crystal clear, CC is .5, and didn't even lose ANY FC in 13 hrs overnight! Congrats!

Now what? JUst let it drift down to FC of 9?

Yes, but do not ever let your FC get below 5[/COLOR

When do I test again for pH, Alk, etc? Not til FC is 9?
Yes on PH, but you can test ALk now. Test FC, CC and PH daily (once your FC gets down). Now you see why you still need to get your CYA down because it will be hard to test PH since your FC target is near the limit of the PH test. [/COLOR

Also-- how long should I be running the pump now?
This is so variable. Generally, you keep it running as long as it takes to keep the pool clear. Most people adjust their pump run time a few times during a season. As the water cools, most folks are able to lower their pump run time. I run mine longer than most because I have tree debris and a 95 lb lab/otter mix.

You can reduce your pump run time gradually and it need be, bump the time back up.

Here are some guidelines:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/152-determine-pump-run-time

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Loss of 1.0 for 1/2 of day is normal. Most folks loose about 2 ppm of FC a day, so you are on target.

Alkalinity (TA) can change when you replace water. I would leave TA alone for now. TA is used to buffer the movement of PH. If you find you PH moving around too quickly, you can adjust your TA.

You might want to test your fill waters just so you know your fill water info. Fill water measures (FC, PH, TA, and CH) can vary slightly throughout the year, so don't assume that it will remain constant.

Hmmm...
just tested now, 4:45pm, so about 27 hours later...
the FC is now 18.5 and the CC is 1.0... it was MOSTLY clear after 1 drop, but I needed to add the 2nd drop to make it truly clear.

I am still doing a 10ml sample so I don't use too many drops. Should I try with a 25ml sample?

CYA still 60

There is no CYA in tap water. When you are still showing over .5 CC, it means you haven't killed all of the algae in the pool.

Gah.

Well, we passed the overnight test from Fri-Sat morning.

I'll try another tonight, tho.
Just took a sample at 7:15pm, already dusk here.

This time I got:
FC= 19
CC= .5

I did wait a minute (4 y/o needed me) until putting in the 5 drops of 003 at 4:45... I wonder if that affected it. Is CC level only related to algae? (Like it's only affected by algae, or do other things make it too high? And the only way to get it .5 or below is SLAM right?)

Anyway-- I'll test again first thing in the morning and see if I'm still at 19 FC.

Once water is optimal-- on every level-- how often do you guys test it? Still daily?

What's the ideal frequency for testing FC, pH, Alk, etc? I assume you test FC more than anything?

THANK YOU.

Yes it matters. You should have had the pump running all night for the oclt. And, the pump.has to be running for at least 30 minutes before you do any tests, this rule applies to all tests al the time.

Also, you have to test before the sun rises.

Sorry, but you should redo the test. It wouldn't hurt to slam today.

Pump ran all night lastnight-- from 7pm-9am

Tested before sun hit the water, which happens around 9:15-9:30ish...

So testing daily like that--- how often are you ordering refills? Just trying to get an idea of how often I'll be ordering refills... thanks :)

Not since I bought the 16 oz bottles of both r-0871 and r-0013 over a year ago. I only recently bought a refill of the r-0003 and just last week used the last of the original .75 bottle. I also refilled the ta reagent a little while ago.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.