Just saying Hi

calieng82

Jun 24, 2023
Van Nuys, CA
Hi I'm david. We are about finish redoing our pool that came with the house. We decided to go with mini Pebble instead of replastering. Also added salt water system pentair. Start up day 1 just started today. He said it only takes 4 days. 🤔. if all goes well, he will be our service guy. Hopefully I won't be back here often for help lol

Welcome David! The best thing you can do for your pool is to take control of it yourself. No “pro” taking care of it one day a week tops is going to be able to do half as good a job… and if you do it right, it’s much easier than it sounds!

Have a read through Pool Care Basics to learn the fundamentals, and post up any questions you have along the way.

You’ve found an AWESOME community. I’m on my 4th year, done everything myself since install, and it’s as inexpensive and easy as can be!

Glad to have you here.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Congrats on the new pool. If there's one thing we've learned here in this forum it's to test your own water. If you want to let someone else try to maintain it for you, at least know what the water level are for sure. That is too much of an investment to leave to chance. We recommend a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit.

Enjoy the forum. :swim:

Reactions: dfwnoob