alissasommerfeldt

May 16, 2022
Knoxville, Tennessee
I have an 18 foot above ground pool, Intex XTR. Just set it up, and levels all test in range except for chlorine of course.
I added 64 ounces of liquid chlorine. How long should I wait before I retest? When do I need to add a stabilizer? Should I have done that prior to chlorine? Blah there’s so much information it would be helpful to know a “proper” chemical order and timing between each. Thanks y’all! I’m in information overload right now.

Hello! Welcome. To get the best help we can provide, can you please fill out your signature? You can see mine as a template - if you're on a mobile device, turn it sideways to see it.

You can add any chemicals together you want, with the exception of chlorine and muriatic acid. Those should have about 15 minutes or so between them when adding to make sure they don't mix. If your pump is running, chemicals mix into the pool fairly quickly. 15 minutes should be plenty of time to test for liquid additions. (Solid stabilizer / CYA can take 2-3 days to show up if you use the sock method to add.) I would add 30ppm of stabilizer - it's good to get FC in the pool but without any CYA to protect it, it'll be gone in a couple of hours. Put the solid stabilizer in an old sock/stocking, and hang it in front of a return to let the water pass over it. Squeeze every now and then to help it along.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.