Just getting started

Kelly, YOU DID IT :) :) :)

I am very happy you stayed with us and I bet your water is nice and sparkly.. keep up the great work...

let your FC drop to 9 and do all your tests again and see where your at and then enjoy your pool :)

If it wasn't for you guys :kim:cheering and coaching me along, I would of gave up.
So here is to you guys :cheers:.
I am amazed at how awesome my pool looks, but at the sometime sick to think about how many years I thought it looked good. Now I know better.:D
Thanks
Kelly

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Kelly, see what you think of this ^^^ I have this printed out and in my test kit. It is a good guideline to help you keep your pool looking like this forever! :sun:

:hug: I am SO glad this has worked out! Did you know you can become a supporting member of TFP? It helps us keep this website up and running to help others. Look up at the top of this page for the support TFP button.

:kim:

image.jpgMy FC dropped from 23-18 by 2:45 p.m today, so I added chlorine then.
justed tested again at 11:15 p.m and my FC was 20, so I added some more chlorine. I cleaned my skimmer door on Wednesday because it looked worse then this (I soaked the sponge and door in straight bleach, it was spotless). Friday it still looked good. So I thought I would check it again and found this. So I will clean again and leave it off for awhile. Any suggestions!!!!!!!

Kelly

- - - Updated - - -

Just tested this morning at 6:30 a.m and drop 1 FC and CC is .5, so I passed again.
I guess I will leave the skimmer door off today and see what happens. If leaving the door off helps, do I really need to use it?

Kelly

good morning, the door really is needed, it keeps the bugs in the skimmer :) It may just need some TLC every week with a brush..

The weir has two jobs. Keep the stuff in the skimmer when the pumps is off. Create more velocity into the skimmer at the water surface to draw surface debris into the skimmer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes about $20 is correct. I had to replace one yesterday. Would have ordered from Inyo but my locally owned pool store had the one I needed and well......there is something about instant gratification over waiting for the shipping.

I just tested again and it dropped 9FC today, I now it is only suppose to drop 2-4 in 24 hours. should I go back at Slam level again or is if it will hold when it's in the right range. It's held two nights in a row but drops a lot during the day.

Yesterday CYA 60. Slam level 24.
During the slam I was adding every 2 hours ( that was when I was not holding at night)
Once I was holding my OCLT I added 2 times
My last tested was always 9:00p.m. or later.
I didn't add any at all yesterday and put the cover on at 11:00p.m. Because we were supposed to have a storm come through last night. So I tested again this morning at 5:30 AM and I held at 14.
So yesterday I dropped a total of nine which I know I'm not supposed to drop that much, I wonder if I bring it back to 24 And leave the cover on it if that will help me hold it through the day and do that for a couple of days. It has been extremely hot and I've had 2 to 4 people swimming in it for three hours or so each day but I can't see, that would make it drop that much. Or should I just see what the cover on today if it holds 14 and just drop the hair

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.