Just getting started

I'm glad everybody thinks the picture looks good, but I didn't pass the OCLT.:(
I was wondering if my CYA count was the same ( because you guys could not believe it dropped to 40 after I used the algicide) so I retested and had my husband test this morning also and we came up at a CYA 55. I am still waiting on my R – 0871 to come in, don't know if it's today or next week so I don't know where I'm at. If it could go wrong it would go wrong to me ( if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all) So if CYA is 55 I should bump it up to the 60 correct and that means Slam Level 24. My PH is 8.2, also high so I will low that today.
One good thing I have absolutely no debris of any sort on the bottom of my pool for the first time.

So do you have any advice on what I should do in the meantime, while I am waiting on the R – 0871 to come in.
Should I just set back and to nothing or just add some chlorine at night and is so how much do you think?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I've read the ABC of pool school and I understand how it all works. I'm just wanting to get through this OCLT, and then just maintaining an normal FC 7 and CC 0 and PH thought the week and the other tests once a week.:cool:
Dont know when I'll post again, drops didn't come in today, so wait another..
Thanks

Kelly

I got my drops late yesterday afternoon and tested the water
5.00p.m. FC 13 CC .5
9:00p.m. FC 22 CC 0
9:30p.m. FC 24 CC .5
5:15a.m FC 23 CC .5:kim:

I can't believe this day is here and I passed my OCLT.
I am going to test again tonight to make sure I didn't drop to much through the day today (it is supposed to be extremely hot today here) so hopefully I won't drop more then 2-3 through the day and 1 over night. That is correct, right?:confused:

I really do appreciate everything you guys done for me. And if you have any other food for thought that I should be doing in the next couple days I will take all the advice I can get.

I know to let it come down to FC 5-10 ( try to stay at 8 and if it drops to much move to a 10) and CC.5 or less and test at night and add at night like I have been. When I reach that retest everything,
FC, CC, ph, TA, CH .

Thanks
Kelly :kim:

That's great. You can expect to lose between 2-4 ppm of FC in 24 hours. If you lose more than that, it's either the sun (needs more CYA) or algae (SLAM). Generally the OCLT will be your first step to confirm which one applies. So now you know. Enjoy your algae-free pool and weekend. :swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.