Jandy RS8 Panel not shutting off

BobbyClements

Jan 13, 2024
Sacramento
I had power outage and my Jandy iAqualink 3.0 RS8 panel is not shutting off Aux 2, 4 & 5. One is spa booster and the other two are pool and spa lights. Relays are good. The Aux powering the relays won’t shut off. they won’t respond to controls. I’m pretty sure something fried but I don’t know if it’s the PCB board or the CPU. How do I check them to see which is bad?

Welcome to TFP
Three is a RESET button on the panel - it is directly above the button on the left. Try that.
It could be the board has been hit with a surge.
Please read below link which has more info and links to troubleshooting

Thanks for the response. I already tried the reset. And I did a little more troubleshooting.
So, the symptoms were the other night I noticed the Pool and Spa light were on and wouldn' shut off from the App. I went out and the Spa Booster pump was running too. They would not shut off from the App or at the Control panel. I cycled power on and off and the pump and lights come right back on and won't turn off. I shut the breaker off until I could figure this out.
Since I have since checked and Aux 2,4 & 5 are stuck on. The relays are not stuck they are fine. They operate if I cycle power and off. Thee Control Board is stuck sending relay power to their coils and is not responding to controls.
I have checked the App and everything is working. The schedules for filter are running fine. Seems to be functioning fine.

So based on that, I am reasonably certain the CPU board is functioning and the iAqualink 3.0 is communicating properly. And my thought is the Main power center PCB circuit board the all the relays plug into got fried and is not controlling them as the CPU is requesting it to.

So I am ordering now a replacement R0466700 Main Power Center Board and swap that out with using my existing CPU board.