Hi All,

I am very new to pool ownership as I just bought a house with one and have never owned one before. I am having an issue where my Jandy Jxi pool heater wont kick on. This started happening about one month ago- the unit displays a green light with no fault codes on it. To precace, I do have fault codes 125,194 for my salt cell( planning to get it replaced next season), not sure if this causes the heater to not turn on….can anyone shed some light on this issue?

This means the heater believes it is up to the set temperature and has stopped heating.

On another note - What salt level is your SWG reporting? If you look at the pic, the low salt light is on. That could be the reason for that not working. Are you manually chlorinating to make sure your pool remains sanitary?
The salt level is low b/c as I mentioned I believe my salt cell needs to be replaced as I am getting codes 125, and 194…would this have an effect on the heater not kicking on?

the screen on the heater doesnt show the temps, just the remote

Press the Spa button too and check as it appears your heater is going into "Spa" mode when Aqualink calls for heat. No big deal just make sure both "Pool" and "Spa" are set to maximums and report the proper temperatures.

Even if the remote reports a temp lower than the value it says on the remote?

This is why I want to see a picture of what it looks like. If you want it to go to 37, and that panel on the heater says the water temp is 31 and the heater is set to 31, it is not going to go higher than 31, regardless of the Aqualink has it set for.

I just checked mine and set the heater set temp to lower that the detected water temp on both Pool and Spa and put it back into Remote mode. When I turned it on from Aqualink, it did fire up. Just FYI:

However, mine shows remote mode whereas yours shows RS485 mode. That may make a difference. In either case, set the heater set temps on both Pool and Spa to 104 (max).

FYI: You have to press and hold the Menu button to get into the menu mode. Just pressing it doesn't do it.

Last edited:
I just had a weird happening with mine. The heater shut off. It was green in Aqualink and on standby meaning it thought the temp was correct. But the set temp was clearly higher than where it stopped. Really strange! I checked the heater panel and it was still set at 104 on both. I also noted I did not see my SWG in the status (which is not unusual to happen). So I was just going to cycle the filter pump. When I clicked the pump it "turned on" (even though it was already on) and the heater started. So the "filter pump" was showing as running but Aqualink didn't think so. I have been having strange ghosts in my system for a year or so anyway. Things turning on and off. Heater turning itself on and off and actually raising the temp on its own. Waterfalls starting. Lights going on, etc etc. My plan was to limp to the end of this season and replace the entire board off-season. Perhaps we are having the same issue.

This is why I want to see a picture of what it looks like. If you want it to go to 37, and that panel on the heater says the water temp is 31 and the heater is set to 31, it is not going to go higher than 31, regardless of the Aqualink has it set for.

I just checked mine and set the heater set temp to lower that the detected water temp on both Pool and Spa and put it back into Remote mode. When I turned it on from Aqualink, it did fire up. Just FYI:

However, mine shows remote mode whereas yours shows RS485 mode. That may make a difference. In either case, set the heater set temps on both Pool and Spa to 104 (max).

FYI: You have to press and hold the Menu button to get into the menu mode. Just pressing it doesn't do it.
I have tried to hold the menu button down on the heater but still not responding.

Also I tried setting the temp to the max via remote but still not kicking on...see video - IMG_3030

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I made you a quick video what you need to look at. Once out of remote mode, your heater should start up immediately once you hit the Pool button. Note on my video that the water temp is below the set temp. It is possible that your heater thermostat has failed. Aqualink uses its own water thermostat when calling for heat but if the heater's thermostat has failed, I don't think the heater will work. Put the temp up to the highest setting (104) and put back into remote mode.

thank you for this btw!

I have tried to hold the menu button down on the heater but still not responding.

Also I tried setting the temp to the max via remote but still not kicking on...see video - IMG_3030

Just press the button normally to get out of remote mode (don't hold it). Once out, you should be able to hit either Pool or Spa and see the temp and set temp.

okay disregard the temperature not showing, I power cycled everything (pump, aqualink, and heater) and now its showing the temp on the remote. I am yet to get the buttons on the heating unit to actually do anything yet though.

I have tried holding the menu button, clicking it once - still no response.

Okay just an update. I have disabled the remote so i can actually use the unit to set the temp, now its showing the fault -“Check flow”. See pics. And advice?
Is your pump on?

What pump do you have?

When was the last time you cleaned your filter?

Flopro VS or SS or 2-speed pump?

Clean your cartridge or run your filter with the cartridge removed and see if your heater gets enough flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.