Verceti87

Sep 3, 2023
Ontario Canada
Hi All,

I am very new to pool ownership as I just bought a house with one and have never owned one before. I am having an issue where my Jandy Jxi pool heater wont kick on. This started happening about one month ago- the unit displays a green light with no fault codes on it. To precace, I do have fault codes 125,194 for my salt cell( planning to get it replaced next season), not sure if this causes the heater to not turn on….can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Welcome to TFP.

Show us pics of your heater and the green light.

Show us pics of all your pool equipment.

How do you turn on your heater?

It looks like the heater is idle with no call for heat.

The green light indicates the heater is in SPA mode.

The yellow light goes on when the heater is ON.

image-jpg.526918

Air temp is 27.

Water temp is 21.

What is the heater setpoint?

Push the MENU button to disable the Aqualink control of the heater and see if the heater starts from its control panel.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Can you show a picture of that screen on the heater?

An interrupt (on/off‑type) remote can be connected as a Remote TSTAT to turn the heater on or off but not perform any other function. When using this type of connection, remember to set the heater control to “POOL” or “SPA” and set the thermostat control to maximum.

I made you a quick video what you need to look at. Once out of remote mode, your heater should start up immediately once you hit the Pool button. Note on my video that the water temp is below the set temp. It is possible that your heater thermostat has failed. Aqualink uses its own water thermostat when calling for heat but if the heater's thermostat has failed, I don't think the heater will work. Put the temp up to the highest setting (104) and put back into remote mode.

On another note - What salt level is your SWG reporting? If you look at the pic, the low salt light is on. That could be the reason for that not working. Are you manually chlorinating to make sure your pool remains sanitary?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.