Round Rock, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
This all started when my salt cell died. I replaced it and it worked for a few months it died again. That was replaced under warranty.
I have Jandy AquaPure with a new PIB (Power Interface Board) and a new J1400-3 CompuPool salt cell. This is my 3rd PIB and 3rd salt cell.
The error code says to replace the salt cell.
I was getting error code 123 and replaced the salt cell. Now I get the error code 124 which says the PIB should be replaced. This is why I am on my 3rd PIB. I installed the 3rd PIB today and still get the error code 124.
There are several test points on the PIB. I test them all and they are within the proper range. The transformer tests as though it is giving out the proper voltage and the PIB tests as though the low voltages are OK. The CompuPool cell has the permanently attached DC cord so it can't be cleaned at the cell.
What am I missing.

Are you saying you are using compupool cells with the Jandy power supply? The cells have no intelligence at all in them. They are metal plates and that's it. A new cell would be very surprising to fail. There simply isn't anything that would fail. At least with Jandy cells. Have you ever replaced the cable?

Are you saying you are using compupool cells with the Jandy power supply? The cells have no intelligence at all in them. They are metal plates and that's it. A new cell would be very surprising to fail. There simply isn't anything that would fail. At least with Jandy cells. Have you ever replaced the cable?
Yes, I am using the CompuPool cell. They have worked in the past. About 2 years +/-.

If you look in the cell what does it look like? Post a pic. Can you post a full set of tests? And have you considered getting a Jandy cell? Cells should last 5-7 years if your water balance is good.

If you look in the cell what does it look like? Post a pic. Can you post a full set of tests? And have you considered getting a Jandy cell? Cells should last 5-7 years if your water balance is good.
The cell is completely clear. It is brand new and only used about 3 months. It has a clear outside. I can see it is clean. A test will show way too much chlorine. I have been away and the kid watching the pool used way too much shock. At this point, pics won't help. Right now, the cell thinks the salt is at 3800.

I am still not 100% sure what you are asking in the original post. Are you asking why your SWG continues to fail? Also the TFP method is based on owner testing with high quality testing kits like the TF-100.

Your 700 series salt cell will supply enough chlorine to manage a 14k gallon pool if you are running your pump 24x7. It is too small for your pool. What is your run schedule for it?

Start Here:
Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared

I am still not 100% sure what you are asking in the original post. Are you asking why your SWG continues to fail? Also the TFP method is based on owner testing with high quality testing kits like the TF-100.

Your 700 series salt cell will supply enough chlorine to manage a 14k gallon pool if you are running your pump 24x7. It is too small for your pool. What is your run schedule for it?

Start Here:
Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared

Start Here:
Pool Care Basics
Test Kits Compared
The problem is, I get the error code 124; which usually means I need a new circuit board. I am on my 3rd circuit board and still get the error.

I had a Jandy rep tell me today to unplug the salt cell and turn off the pool equip for 15 to 20 min. Reconnect the cell and power on the equipment.
This MAY remedy the problem. 3rd party cells don't usually work with Jandy. I did that and my problem still exists.
I think I am going with all Jandy.

I know this is an old subject, but.......
After having the error code 124 ( a bad circuit board ) for 4 different boards, I finally bought a Jandy 1400 salt cell and took out the Compupool salt cell. The system fired up and has been running perfectly for about month now.
Lesson learned; the error codes don't mean much. Jandy tech was just guessing when he came out.
Now I have 2 used but good circuit boards and 1 Compupool salt cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.