East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am just starting up my system for the season. I have been running the pool pump 24 hours straight as I SLAM. I noticed the pump turned itself off at the Jandy (so the Jandy went to pool pump off, not the pool pump itself reset). Confused I set up a program to run the pump 23 hours, off at midnight and on at 1 AM. I just noticed the pump off again. That would suggest that a pool pump off command was sent, because if the system reset, given the time, the pump would be on. Any ideas how I would diagnose what is going on? Its a Pentair VS pump and the Jandy is set up to control pump speed. This has been working properly for 11 years or so. I am afraid my old Jandy may be failing.

This is where I have used my NEST cameras and pointed them at the panel and/or pump to record what they are doing and then be able to see what time things are turning off and if the panel is resetting.

People have had ghost schedules pop up in their Jandy panel and a full reset and clearing of the memory has fixed some.

There is a setting that can be enabled to turn off all equipment at a certain time. This is independent of the schedules.

Look under the System Setup menu for the All off Time menu item and see if it is enabled.

Here's a copy of that screen

1680812153874.png

If this is enabled it may be turning your pump off even though the schedule says differently.

There is also a DEVICE RUNTIME setting. It is on the first screen of the System Setup Screen. Ensure that you pump is not activated on that screen.

The AquaLink will do some quirky things. I had my spa with heater manually turn on and 30 minutes later it switched back to Pool Mode for no reason. I had another hour before the planned schedule change on the pump speed so there was no schedule change to cause the system to override my manual activation of the spa being on.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am away for what was supposed to be 48 hours but got extended to 72 hours because of Mets rain postponement. Fortunately I am able to monitor the pool from iPhone and have been able to turn on pump when it goes off. This weekend I will try too more precisely find the time. I had the Jandy connected too my Mac Smart Home (Indigo) system for years, but disconnected last year because the Autelis device was no longer supported and it did not seem necessary with the iAqualink. But not having it, I no longer can see a log of when the pump turned off like I used to.
I did confirm All Off is set to off, and Device Runtime is off for all my devices. I will try the hard reset this weekend. If all else fails, I will try to reconnect the Autelis and see if I can pinpoint a time or command that way. I've never had this issue in 22 years with the Jandy.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am away for what was supposed to be 48 hours but got extended to 72 hours because of Mets rain postponement. Fortunately I am able to monitor the pool from iPhone and have been able to turn on pump when it goes off. This weekend I will try too more precisely find the time. I had the Jandy connected too my Mac Smart Home (Indigo) system for years, but disconnected last year because the Autelis device was no longer supported and it did not seem necessary with the iAqualink. But not having it, I no longer can see a log of when the pump turned off like I used to.
I did confirm All Off is set to off, and Device Runtime is off for all my devices. I will try the hard reset this weekend. If all else fails, I will try to reconnect the Autelis and see if I can pinpoint a time or command that way. I've never had this issue in 22 years with the Jandy.
I set up a schedule and did not seem to have issues for a few weeks. But now I have my pump on for 5 different periods during the day (trying to “trick” my AquaRite to make more chlorine as it is operating at 20% capacity while temperatures below 60 degrees), and I have the spa pump running on its own schedule. Despite this, I seem to find both pumps off 1-2 times a day. Easy to restart, but I’d rather diagnose and halt whatever is causing the shut offs. I was unable to get the old Autellis running as I hoped.

EDIT: Just tried clearing the memory as suggested earlier by ajw22. Will see if it helps. Of course I forgot to not the pump speeds I have been using - I am open to suggestion for what I should do now. VSP for Pentair Intelliflo VS+SRVS for pool filtration/AquaRite (I think 2200), pool heat (I think 2500 was minimum so heater did not generate flow error), and waterfall (I think I used 2800 - had been 3300 for years but slowed down as not necessary). Also VSP for spa - I think 1800 - Century V-Green 1650 runs as Jandy ePump.

EDIT#2: I am having trouble with chlorinator settings after memory clear and reset. Pool is set at 100% and spa is at 10% per the "Set AquaPure" page on iAquaLink. However, with both pumps running, the status info page is showing both chlorinators at 100%. The status page is repeating the setting values of chlorinator 1 and displaying for both chlorinator 1 and chlorinator 2. System reset did not fix. Nor did powering off the breaker to the Jandy panel. I checked the AquaPure for the spa and it is set at 100% despite Spa Chlorator setting being at 10% on the set-up page. I finally took the spa-side AquaPure offline from the Jandy so I could run it at 10% with the pool AquaRite at 100%. See attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 6.02.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 6.02.15 PM.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You have 2 pumps - what does the speed settings look like for each pump.
See my example
ACEAC9A3-CB73-40DF-A00F-CA2E32C6C560.jpeg
Then show your schedule screen
41E9B965-E9AC-482E-AE5A-CE23409A26BC.png

Here are the VSP schedules for each pump. I cannot do the AquaPure screen until tomorrow because I disconnected the second (spa) AquaPure from the Jandy. I will reconnect and post a screen shot when its daytime. But for now, suffice it to say my screenshot before I disconnected was similar to the one you posted, with levels 100% for pool and 10% for spa

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.41.24 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.41.24 PM.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.41.07 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.41.07 PM.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.40.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.40.51 PM.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.40.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.40.40 PM.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 4
Sorry I meant to post my Schedule screen. thanks for showing your pump speed set up screens.
Does your schedule screen correlate to the pump speed labels?
CB04CF2C-1514-4C53-B538-7F5ACFB128D9.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just curious - why do you have 5 schedules for Pool Pump that are basically continuous with exception of 1 min stops from 6am to 11pm whereas you have the Spa Pump set on 1 schedule from 7am to 8pm?
Since it is labeled as Pool Pump then it all the same speed.

My pool chlorinator is a Hayward AquaRite. My pool water has been just short of 60 degrees since I opened it. The AquaRite operates at 20% when the water is less than 60 degrees, and it does this by turning off after producing some chlorine initially. With the five scheduled starts, I am trying to "trick" the SWG into producing a bit more chlorine during colder temperatures. Once the water gets warmer, I will shift to a single schedule. I have the pool chlorination at 100%. I actually want the spa between 5% and 10% as its a smaller body of water, and its chlorinator is not reducing production (spa water is slightly warmer and its a Jandy AquaPure which behaves differently).

Here are the two screens that illustrate the problem. I reconnected the AquaPure/spa and the issue remains. Setting says it should be 10%, but it Jandy is sending the pool setting to the spa SWG as well. Only other thing I can think of trying is disconnecting the pool SWG and seeing what settings go to SWG for spa. I can then reconnect. FWIW, my Jandy is Revision R.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.45.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.45.42 AM.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.45.25 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.45.25 AM.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.50.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.50.57 AM.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 2
Also, how many RS485 connections do you have to each RED connector on the PCB? They are limited to two (2) devices per RED connector.
Let us know the outcome when you disconnect one of the SWCGs.

Thanks for your help. I found and solved the problem. It seems there is a setting on my OneTouch keypads that is not duplicated on the iAqualink screen (at least I cant find it). The setting is part of System Setup and allows you to assign a chlorinator to a pump. Turns out both chlorinator one and chlorinator two were set to pool (after I did the system clear) and all I needed to do was switch chlorinator two to spa. Weird that the there are no AquaPure buttons on the iAquaLink System Setup screens. The buttons to set chlorine production level for each chlorinator are on the main menu before the System Setup on both the iAquaLink and the OneTouch, but neither gives the ability to match pump with chlorinator (as in the System Setup OneTouch version of this setting). It's now all fixed. Screen images of the OneTouch attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 3.19.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 3.19.57 PM.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.