Jandy aqualink 6474 G to control Pentair intelliflo VSF, can it be done?

algava67

Jul 28, 2023
Corona,CA
I have been reading on the forums, lots of knowledge in this site, however I couldn't find anyone with a newer pump controlled by an older Jandy RS system like mine
The pump is hardwired to the power and it's controlled by it's own panel on a timer, has been working great since install 4 years ago
To use the spa I use the quick clean button on the pump's panel which is set to run for 2 hrs and push the spa button(to rotate intake valve) and heater on the pool control panel
I have a RS4 control panel inside the house that controls all functions of the aqualink and I wish I could turn the pump on as well.
I connected the pump's serial cable to the aqualink and i thought that would work but of course...not
I am understanding that the pump either work from it's own panel or it must totally be controlled via serial cable from the pool control panel
I am also understanding that my aqualink is old and does not have the capabilities to control a variable speed pump

I'd like to know if there is any workaround to turn the pump on with an older aqualink(6474G)
if not which revision of panel will be able to control my pump(possibly a list of various revisions and capabilities), and how to program it
and if I will need to replace my RS4 control panel inside the house

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230712_191728.jpg
    20230712_191728.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230728_164953.jpg
    20230728_164953.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230728_165039.jpg
    20230728_165039.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230728_165053.jpg
    20230728_165053.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to TFP.

You need at least Rev O on your Aqualink to control VS pumps.

Your RS4 control panel will work if you upgrade the board.

The best upgrade is for iAqualink which gets you a new board and iAqualink app control.

See Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

Reactions: algava67
Welcome to TFP.

You need at least Rev O on your Aqualink to control VS pumps.

Your RS4 control panel will work if you upgrade the board.

The best upgrade is for iAqualink which gets you a new board and iAqualink app control.

See Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading
Aqualink RS is nice but $2k, all I wanted to do is turn on the pump to use the spa without walking to the pump itself.
I was made aware there are devices that connect to your VS pump and let's it communicate with an older controller like mine.
That would be the pentair intellicomm II or other aftermarket device called Flo Buster. They both let you select a speed from your pump by actuating a analog relay from your pool control.
I will test and report my results

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.