Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My spa is about a 2006 Jacuzzi J345. These valves were VERY hard to turn and the handles, which were pretty flimsy plastic, broke. I haven't used the diverter valves in years, when I did I used a pair of pliers or channel locks to turn the valve.

Anyone know if there are better quality replacements? The valve is hard to turn and I can't see how any plastic handles will last for very long.

FYI the handle looks like this:
1701102826153.png

Let's see what @RDspaguy says.

I think all you can do is replace the plastic valves with new ones if you can get to them. Plastic valves are cheap and stick like that over time.

Thanks. These seem really, really poorly designed. The handle should be metal as it takes a lot of force to turn the diverter, at least it does on my tub. I will probably have to use a wrench to try to turn it a few times as I am sure that it has probably gotten even worse sitting in the same position for years.

Diverters usually get stuck from sand/grit getting into the works. Unscrew the top cap and remove the gate, which can be very difficult if lodged in with sand. Once removed, lightly sand the gate and valve body to remove burrs/ridges and reassemble. Put panty hose over your bottom suction fittings to avoid future occurrence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.