It's Pool Repair Weekend!

Trucking right along and the first coat is nearly done.
36dc34f417929e84d534218b965b5f43.jpg

That's ok household6! I was wondering the same thing!! But I'm sure if you and I had been in the pool, we would have done it correctly. We mop all the time, right? And we automatically mop so that we mop toward our open exit. Well, that's my story, anyway!,

But I did have to laugh at myself. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, here it is in all its splendor and glory! As of about 11am it is Done! And we'll likely never get to use it. [sigh].

It needs to cure for 7 days, absolute minimum of 5 days. For every day that it rains you add one day to the cure time.

Given that the next 4 days are in fact showing perfectly optimal, and going off the extended forecast, I think we'll be adding water a week from Thursday (5/14).

But the adventure isn't over yet! If the cement and/or paint are going to fail, I think we'll see it within one month from when the water is added. So mid June will tell us if we found the "cheapey" route for a short term fix or if it was a miserable failure. Between now and then I'll be adding up man-hours and our expenses to report.

After the pool has ran for a day or two we will be replacing the sand in the filter. (Or should we do it sooner?)

Next on the list is
1. replacing the in-pool light.
2. Then on to finding the leak within the pipes. Anyone ever had their pipes sleeved? Anyone ever sleeved their own pipes?
3. War-gaming what to do about the skimmer (and return) in the shallow end that needs to be moved down about 3"-6". (That'll be fun. Not!)

Sorry about the cadywompus picture. I take what I can get! :)

3050486cdfef11bf415458d11bacce1f.jpg

Congratulations Household6 and Team!!!! I am impressed beyond belief! If you want to get a huge WOW, post your first "Before" picture below that gorgeous "After" shot!! It looks fabulous. Great job! I think I hear a band playing and fireworks going off. Well done! Now sleep; the rest will seem easy! Suz. Oh, don't forget to include your team's rates with the man hours and expenses reports!!

TOTALS ARE IN!

- TOTAL of 63 man hours (3 men on Saturday and 2 men on Sun, Mon, and Tues).

- supplies

-renting equipment (1 large pump, 1 small pump, 2 pressure washers (3500 PSI) and a floor sander

-paying 1 person $15/hr for labor, plus $75 for a flat rate to pick up the pump we rented and drain 40k gallons of water)

=$1,264.02

We also incurred an additional $417 for gas, food and a hotel 2 nights (stayed with a friend add'l 2 nights).

This brought our grand total to $1,681.37.

Storms are moving into the area at this very moment. So at least we got nearly 4 days of no rain and near perfect humidity and temps. Right now we are planning on filling on Thursday and chemicals added on Friday.

For now we have decided to go ahead with a weekly cleaning service and let them do things their way with the chemicals. They will know what to watch out for and give more details without having to be bothersome to the tenant.

I am expecting to get some better pictures passed on from the tenant and will post those.

And hope to have a favorable update and more pics with the pool full of beautiful clear water in about a month.

Fingers crossed!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.