It's Pool Repair Weekend!

If your tenets want to swim in a clear pool they should be willing to do the testing and care giving of the pool.

Have them price shop bleach/chlorine in the area. Some people find their best deal is plain, store brand bleach from Walmart, some find Sam's is the cheapest. I find mine at ACE Hardware up the road. Some use the pool store for their chlorine. Just make sure it is plain, unscented, NOT splashless, etc.

They will need to "feed" the pool each day (I do mine at night so it can work without worrying about the sun using it up). They will need to test every day for a while until they learn the pool's needs. Once they get a good feel for the pool they can go every other day or so.

Kim

If your tenets want to swim in a clear pool they should be willing to do the testing and care giving of the pool.

Lol! Good point!

I'm intending on getting the 100 kit. Would the stir hickeymajig benefit us greatly? Anything else I should consider right now?

Thanks SO much for your input!

Please use good terminology. The speedstir is a thingamabob and not a hickeymajig. :shock::shock:

Seriously, folks who get it say they really love it and it does help in accuracy. That said, it is certainly not essential to accurately testing your pool water.

Most Ballplayers today use a hitting glove and swear by them but you can still hit well without them.

The stir thingy is a neat tool that speeds up the testing process. It can be done without it but it sure is fast and fun!

What kind of vacuum is there for the pool? I am guessing there is one already that they have been using. Just wanted to make sure.

Kim

It seems like it's only been a matter of hours, but the troops have rallied! You're getting a lot of good support and information. I'm so glad. I know you're busy, so I'll let you go. You're doing a fantastic job considering all the road blocks ya'll have faced! Sending more positive energy your way and your "crew's" way! Keep on truckin'! Suz.

The stir thingy is a neat tool that speeds up the testing process. It can be done without it but it sure is fast and fun!

What kind of vacuum is there for the pool? I am guessing there is one already that they have been using. Just wanted to make sure.

Kim

No vacuum. Only thing we have is a net! Which is a very good reason to keep with a pool guy! Any tenant could inadvertently break it.
Having said that, where's the thread on vacuum reviews?

It seems like it's only been a matter of hours, but the troops have rallied! You're getting a lot of good support and information. I'm so glad. I know you're busy, so I'll let you go. You're doing a fantastic job considering all the road blocks ya'll have faced! Sending more positive energy your way and your "crew's" way! Keep on truckin'! Suz.

My thoughts exactly! Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

Please use good terminology. The speedstir is a thingamabob and not a hickeymajig. :shock::shock:

Seriously, folks who get it say they really love it and it does help in accuracy. That said, it is certainly not essential to accurately testing your pool water.

Most Ballplayers today use a hitting glove and swear by them but you can still hit well without them.

Lol! Where's the "like" button?

No vacuum. Only thing we have is a net! Which is a very good reason to keep with a pool guy! Any tenant could inadvertently break it.
Having said that, where's the thread on vacuum reviews?

There is no one thread on vac reviews. Try doing a search in the different forums. There are quite a few different threads on the subject. Everyone says a different thing. Mine is the best, no mine is..........LOL, I guess you look at price point and user willingness to push it around or put it in.

Kim

I may vomit.
The quikrete they elected to use specifically says on the website to mix only a small portion due to the quick dry time. Specifically says to not add water after mixing. Guess what he did?

Also says (although it sets in 5 minutes) that you can't paint it for 7 days.

And THIS is why I needed to be there.

Any thoughts on what to do or how to correct? I've given husband the # for quikrete customer service and suggested that he call them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
2ecd3a1a0cb2bbd88578e7e43be8e343.jpg

I couldn't wait to check in.... Fabulous progress in the photos!

I'm so sorry about the quikrete. But you guys have gotten through each road block one at a time. You'll get through this one, too.

Do you feel like you've aged 10 years? You have to be exhausted - I see you're getting no sleep. When does your husband have to return home?

Breathe! And one step at a time. I'll check back later. Suz.

Hubs is in the middle of a local PCS (changing jobs) so he has a bit more time he can spend there. But he also has a couple of college classes with papers due and is going to be gone again soon for a short "boys vacation."

Tired? Meh. I've spoused through a couple deployments and our son has autism. This is a walk in the park! ;-)

Keep telling myself "first world problems."

Things to note regarding using the Insl-X Waterborne:
1. Do NOT used acid wash if using this paint. Not even if following up with TSP.
2. Only paint surface while its in the shade. (So at night for most of our pool as there are zero trees around).
3. Have it mixed at the store.
4. Do at least 2 coats. First coat should be watered down with clean water and only apply it in thin layer. You're not trying to cover up or be worried about difference in color here.
5. 4-6 hours between coats.
6. Use 3/8" or less QUALITY lambskin roller.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.