Is this a big deal?

In my opinion, it is the sharp edge that is the biggest threat to the integrity of the cover.

My biggest concern would be that the razor sharp edge will slice the cover to shreds.

If the cover gets sliced into ribbons, the manufacturer will probably not cover it under warranty since the edge is so sharp.

See what the manufacturer says.
I would then refer any response from the cover company regarding the edge to my pool builder. What that would get me is probably not much but I would do my best to push blame to the pool builder.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JamesW
The builder would refer you to the cover manufacturer and the cover manufacturer would refer you to the builder in an endless game of ping pong.

Meanwhile, you’re left holding the bag with a torn up cover and no one doing anything.

So, you pay someone to replace the cover and it gets ripped up again in less than 1 year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.