intex ultra frame t-joints slipping out of top rail

Ok so pool was drained and releveled with in an inch. Looks great, nice and clean. Fill it up and the same t joint slipped it's button once the pool is full :/ I did keep the zip tie I had on hoping it would keep the joint from slipping out of place, but it snapped. I'm going to see if I can use a ratchet rope to secure it to make sure it doesn't slip any further. Going to test that out for summer or until I need to drain pool. I'll be order a new t joint and new buttons to replace the faulty one. Any thoughts using a ratchet? Opinions? Thanks!

My neighbor (who is very familiar with ratchet straps) helped me secure the pole with 2 ratchet straps and pulled button back into place. All the other t joint buttons are in place. If I see them starting to slip I'll use the straps around the top of the pool all around. Last year and this year all polls were set up straight and on level pavers,but once pool is filled to capacity, the legs push out a bit. I have the round 18'x52" ultra frame model that only has the white plastic strap in the middle of pool that the legs slip into. No rope on bottom of the legs. My neighbor thinks this is why we have the joint slipping out. As I've seen on here, I'll most likely use another ratchet strap around bottom of pool next year before setting up to keep that from happening. Hope this has helped someone. This seriously if the only thread I've seen mention this issue. I'll update again if something changes. Have a great day! ?

Reactions: Supermommys4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.