Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I don't recall seeing this much watts usage on the old Intellicenter2 app. With this new Pentair Home app this amount of watts seem a lot. Is this correct?

1000000219.png

Last edited:
It is indeed a normal value for the speed. Same on my Intelliflo VSF. I run vac at 2400rpm which draws about 750-800 watts.

The power draw rises pretty exponentially with linear increase in speed.

Reactions: tradewinds
Are there brushless models with less power demand?
Intelliflo Variable Speed Pumps use Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors.

Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM) are like an upgraded, higher efficiency version of Brushless Direct Current (BLDC) Motors because they use a pure sinusoidal wave to drive the motor (which comes from the motor driver manipulating our pure-sine-wave AC power source) rather than a trapezoidal wave (which the motor driver creates from a DC power source).

Due to a variety of factors, such as lower torque repulsion, PMSMs have higher and smoother torque ratings, higher efficiency ratings and lower noise ratings compared to similarl spec’d BLDC motors. PMSMs also have a higher power density which helps in reducing the size of the motor while retaining performance.

Alternatively, PMSMs can be seen as the Alternate Current (AC) version of BLDCs, which run on a Direct Current (DC) Source.

More knowledgeable members should correct me if this information is not accurate.

Last edited:
Are there brushless models with less power demand?
Reduce RPM and power will go done. Why do you need such a high RPM? Heater, SWG? 1000 RPM is usually going to be the most efficient speed but it may not be high enough for some functions.

Intelliflo Variable Speed Pumps use Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors.

Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM) are like an upgraded, higher efficiency version of Brushless Direct Current (BLDC) Motors because they use a pure sinusoidal wave to drive the motor (which comes from the motor driver manipulating our pure-sine-wave AC power source) rather than a trapezoidal wave (which the motor driver creates from a DC power source).

Alternatively, PMSMs can be seen as the Alternate Current (AC) version of BLDCs, which run on a Direct Current (DC) Source.

More knowledgeable members should correct me if this information is not accurate.
Pump VS motors use a VFD (variable frequency drive) which generate a pseudo 3-phase AC waveform using pulse width modulation (PWM) and it looks nothing like a sine-wave. It looks more like this:

The green is the "effective" AC equivalent but the true voltage is in red.
1715621570930.png

1715621697185.png