Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Yesterday, my IntelliCenter2 app on iOS was updated from the App Store. Upon starting it, I got this note about migrating to Pentair Home. I've since got the Pentair Home app which then tells me to initiate the move from IntellICenter2, but I don't see anything anymore about Pentair Home in IntelliCenter2 app.

I can connect to my IntelliCenter from Pentair Home, and everything comes up, but I have to do that each time.

That said, I'm a bit weary to migrate due to the following:

1. There's no iOS widget for Pentair Home, and I do use the IntelliCenter2 widget
2. Similarly, there's no Apple Watch app which I also use to control my pool while floating around

I also use Homebridge, but that connects via the local IP to the IntelliCenter, so I don't think I'll have any issues there.

Yesterday, my IntelliCenter2 app on iOS was updated from the App Store. Upon starting it, I got this note about migrating to Pentair Home. I've since got the Pentair Home app which then tells me to initiate the move from IntellICenter2, but I don't see anything anymore about Pentair Home in IntelliCenter2 app.

I can connect to my IntelliCenter from Pentair Home, and everything comes up, but I have to do that each time.

That said, I'm a bit weary to migrate due to the following:

1. There's no iOS widget for Pentair Home, and I do use the IntelliCenter2 widget
2. Similarly, there's no Apple Watch app which I also use to control my pool while floating around

I also use Homebridge, but that connects via the local IP to the IntelliCenter, so I don't think I'll have any issues there.
@DB-Cooper
Thanks for the heads up.
Yes, please hold up on migrating for the moment.
There is a very good reason why you were specifically targeted with this message.
I have provided you with a Pentair email contact on PM so he can explain the reason to you.
Thanks...
r.

Reactions: DB-Cooper
I wonder if this explains why www.intellicenter2.com has not been working on my PC lately? The IC2 app on android is still working fine for me and I've not seen any messages about migrating to Pentair Home.
@Jetjohn6
Actually, no. Those two events are not connected.
Try clearing your cache/cookies on your browser and try the web-client again.
Let's see if that helps.
Thanks..
r.

This morning, IntelliCenter2 app prompted me to move and said I have 30 days before the app stops working. I logged back into Pentair Home and my IntelliCenter showed up. Functionality all seems there, and the UI does look better, although mostly the same functionally.

That said, no Watch app and no Widgets presents concern as I heavily use both of those features.

Well, I "upgraded" as well and the intellicenter2 site is inop on any browser I've tried.
I just checked, and I'm able to use Intellicenter2.com from Firefox on macOS (had to do private browsing though).

My iOS app no longer allows me to do anything. I can see things, but there's a popup that I have to go to Pentair Home app. My iOS widget still displays real-time updates.

I don't know what sort of transition Pentair is doing but IntelliCenter2 works for me on WIN11 and the Intellicenter2 apps on iPhone and iPad continue to work. I see no sign of Pentair Home.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I gave them a 1-star app review in the Apple Store citing the same disappointment.
They responded to my 1-star review:
Hi DB, we're constantly working to improve our app and address any issues. Your input is important to us, and we're actively working on enhancing the Pentair Home app to provide an even better user experience. Your request has been noted, and our development team is considering it for future updates. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, specific features you'd like to see, or if you encounter any issues with the app, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]. We're here to assist you in any way we can.

Hi DB, we're constantly working to improve our app and address any issues. Your input is important to us, and we're actively working on enhancing the Pentair Home app to provide an even better user experience. Your request has been noted, and our development team is considering it for future updates. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, specific features you'd like to see, or if you encounter any issues with the app, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]. We're here to assist you in any way we can.
Translation: Don’t hold your breath.

I gave a 1-star review too, and just received a more promising response:

"Hi, Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your input is important to us, and we're actively working on enhancing the Pentair Home app to provide an even better user experience. The Apple watch app for IntelliCenter will return, stay tuned for future updates as our development team is actively working on it. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, specific features you'd like to see, or if you encounter any issues with the app, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]. We're here to assist you in any way we can."

Reactions: DB-Cooper

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support