Intellichlor IC40 blowing fuses

cajunjimbo

Mar 26, 2023
LOUISIANA
I have an IC40 that is 5 years old. It recently started blowing fuses. When I change the fuse, it'll run for a few hours before it blows again. I've cleaned the cell so that's not the issue. I've read where some people have trouble with the fuse blowing right away and it's a bad SWG, but that's not happening here. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it has the power center. The fuse holder appears to be working as the green light does come on for a few hours before the fuse blows. I tested the fuse and it is actually blown, not just a bad connection.

What volume is your pool? How much do you run the pump at what SWCG % setting.

I believe you will find liquid chlorine will cost alot more over that time period. It goes for $6-$10 a gallon.

At 40%, 12 hours a day, 5 years, that is 8000 generating hours. That is a very good and economical life.

That is equivalent to buying approximately 700 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine. In today's prices, at least $4200 worth of liquid chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.