intelliChlor IC-40 during winter

Ame

May 22, 2013
Phoenix Arizona
I dont close my pool in the winter Im in Arizona. SO water wont freeze. My intelliChlor IC-40 wont produce Chlorine in winter though. I think it stops at temp somewhre between 50-60 degrees? So DO I add floater and trichlor or dichlor during the winter? Does anyone take the intelliChlor IC-40 out of the loop during the winter? I saw some mentioned taking it out and replacing with a straight pipe in its place. Does intelliChlor IC-40 make such a thing?

A,

I have three saltwater pools here in Texas and my IC40 cells stay in place all winter and I have never had an issue.

The cell shuts off when the water temp drops below about 52 degrees.

I use liquid chlorine in the winter as pools use very little FC when the water cold and the sunshine is less.

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

I have three saltwater pools here in Texas and my IC40 cells stay in place all winter and I have never had an issue.

The cell shuts off when the water temp drops below about 52 degrees.

I use liquid chlorine in the winter as pools use very little FC when the water cold and the sunshine is less.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you that what I've been doing too! I just wanted to make sure I'm doing what others do that don't need to shut down their pools in warmer climates. Thank you Jim

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.