Intellicenter hard wire home network via cat5

livermoron

Apr 28, 2023
Livermore, CA, USA
Hi all, I'm having trouble find a definitive way to hardwire (or if possible) the Intellicenter to my home network. I currently have the Pentair ScreenLogic 2 Wireless Connection Kit and the connection drops at least once a week requiring restarting the wireless receiver and/or the networking in the Intellicenter itself. I'd like to if possible run cat5 from my router to the Intellicenter and remove this issue all together if possible.

Anyone else have the same experience with the Wireless Kit? My receiver is only maybe 10 feet from the pool equipment on the other side of a window. Should work fine I would think.

thx!

Looking at the Intellicenter manual, there's an Ethernet jack (J14) in the middle of the main control board. Can you simply wire to that?

Do you have an Intellicenter or an Intellitouch?

The Intellicenter doesn't require ScreenLogic.

I believe the only issue some have had with hardwiring is a power surge on the network can fry equipment that is connected by hardwire.

We have the Intellicenter (led touch screen)

and the ScreenLogic Interface Wireless Link

the other thing about the Wireless Link is the sound it emits drives my nuts, my family can't hear it but I can. yay me.

how far is the panel from your access point? You could always buy a small inexpensive wireless extender and install it in your house much closer to the panel kit. It’s not moving a lot of data and doesn’t require a high speed. That might be an easier solution.

cool I hadn't seen that diagram but I found it, looks like APC makes an ethernet surge protector. Time to order some cable and try it out!
Make sure.l you buy outdoor rated cable

Something like this

GearIT Cat6 Outdoor Ethernet Cable (25ft) 23AWG Pure Copper, FTP, LLDPE, Waterproof, Direct Burial, In-Ground, UV Resistant, POE, Network, LAN, Internet, Cat 6, Cat6 Cable - 25 Feet Amazon.com

Mine comes out of my house access point, then runs underground 15’ and comes up through a punch out in the bottom of the Intellicenter.

Works much much better than wireless

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.