Phoenix Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm putting in the IntelliCenter along with some microbrites. The Intellicenter I am waiting for has a built in load center but the manual is lengthy and believe it or not Pentair customer service isn't all that helpful so that leads me here.

When I bring in my wiring for the IC load center does it have an on/off breaker built in? If not, do I need a specific brand? Every panel I've seen is a Siemens, Square D, GE, Eaton etc etc so they only fit the specific brands that work with it.
Follow up on this question the additional breakers for say the pump etc, which brand are they? I figure GFCI, of course, but any additional information would be very helpful.

In the case of the MicroBrites, is there a specific Pentair transformer that I should use or can I get away with a Home Depot $50 landscape transformer?
Follow up on this question when having the IC control landscape lighting or backyard low voltage lighting may I use a transformer other than a Pentair or am I locked in for life for those?

Thank you

I feel foolish about the IC questions now. I see now as I slowly looked at the pdf since when I scrolled the pages didn't load fast enough in the manual that the load center accepts many different brand of breakers but recommends Pentair GFCI for Intelliflo pumps. It appears, no main breaker other than at my breaker box for my house/line originates

I'm putting in the IntelliCenter along with some microbrites. The Intellicenter I am waiting for has a built in load center but the manual is lengthy and believe it or not Pentair customer service isn't all that helpful so that leads me here.

When I bring in my wiring for the IC load center does it have an on/off breaker built in? If not, do I need a specific brand? Every panel I've seen is a Siemens, Square D, GE, Eaton etc etc so they only fit the specific brands that work with it.

No, the Load Center does not have a master on/off CB. You put that CB on the other side of the 60 amp to 100 amp feed to it.

Follow up on this question the additional breakers for say the pump etc, which brand are they? I figure GFCI, of course, but any additional information would be very helpful.

I used the Pentair PA 20A GFCI CB for my pumps and Siemens CBs for other devices.

Consider installing a surge suppressor in the power center.

In the case of the MicroBrites, is there a specific Pentair transformer that I should use or can I get away with a Home Depot $50 landscape transformer?

No, you need a pool rated transformer. Pentair and Intermatic have them.
Follow up on this question when having the IC control landscape lighting or backyard low voltage lighting may I use a transformer other than a Pentair or am I locked in for life for those?

You can use a landscape transformer if all the lights are more then 5 feet from the pool water.

Reactions: Foxer and papadoppa
P,

The transformer needs to be pool rated. Unless you are just trying to get rid of your wife... :mrgreen:

100 Watt is P/N 619962
300 Watt is P/N 619963

You will need one transformer (and one Aux relay) for each light that you want to individually control. If you want all the lights to come on at the same time and be the same color, then you only need one transformer and one Aux relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

• Haha
Reactions: papadoppa
Recommend installing a disconnect breaker beside the IntelCenter panel.
Like this one.
That's what I was thinking if there's no internal on/off. Seems onerous to walk all the way to the breaker panel and shut off the breaker, lock the box, tag the box so nobody turns it on while you're doing any maintenance. Thank you for reassuring me.

No, the Load Center does not have a master on/off CB. You put that CB on the other side of the 60 amp to 100 amp feed to it.

I used the Pentair PA 20A GFCI CB for my pumps and Siemens CBs for other devices.

Consider installing a surge suppressor in the power center.

No, you need a pool rated transformer. Pentair and Intermatic have them.

You can use a landscape transformer if all the lights are more then 5 feet from the pool water.
Awesome! Thanks for the links too. OMG that surge protection seems like a lengthy read but I'll dive in (pun intended)

60-100 amps? I thought it accepts 50-150 amps? No?

P,

The transformer needs to be pool rated. Unless you are just trying to get rid of your wife... :mrgreen:

100 Watt is P/N 619962
300 Watt is P/N 619963

You will need one transformer (and one Aux relay) for each light that you want to individually control. If you want all the lights to come on at the same time and be the same color, then you only need one transformer and one Aux relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the heads up on the lighting control. I keep forgetting that but tbh I believe all of them on the same switch, at least for the time being, should be adequate. Thanks--oh, you're a rascal and my wife was reading this over my shoulder. I got the marks to prove it!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.