IntelliBrite 5G Light - Broken or Programming Problem?

AJFrank

Jan 30, 2020
Vancouver, WA
I will start by saying I have read all the discussions and posts on here and still haven't been able to diagnose what is happening with my Pentair IntelliBrite LED light. The light is integrated to my EasyTouch system. The light comes on and displays all the colors at one time and occasionally has a pulse of white. Power is OK. I think all the various colors are working. Can the board fail in such a way that it comes on but doesn't do anything else?

Additional info: Over the winter I had my pump replaced and the installer placed the new VS pump over the EasyTouch circuit that I had previously used for my light. Now it is spring and I see that the light isn't working properly. I reprogrammed the light on the Easy Touch myself using the manual. It is configured as IntelliBrite (not just light). I think it is programmed correctly as I hear the number of clicks (i.e. blue is 8) that I would in the past for each color selection. Since the pump was replaced in the winter time, the light could have not been working prior to the pump swap and I wouldn't have known.

Attached is a pic I took after draining the pool for liner replacement this week. The light was only on with no water briefly so I could snap the pic (manual says <10 min is OK); it looked the same when water was in the pool but I have a clearer feeling now that all the colors are actually working.

Any thoughts or additional troubleshooting I should try? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4792.JPG
    IMG_4792.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 0
Did your IntelliBrite color changing ever work properly with the EAsyTouch?

the installer placed the new VS pump over the EasyTouch circuit that I had previously used for my light.

What does that mean? A VS pump should be connected to continuous power and not any circuit.

How many IntelliBrite lights do you have?

Have you read Pentair LED Pool Lights - Further Reading