Installing a rectangular Intex Ultra Frame Pool directly from the pool deck

Mikey02

Mar 29, 2021
Slovenia
Moved from here.
Hi,
I know its an old thread but will try to get some confirmation anyway.

So I have bought an INTEX ULTRA FRAME 549X274X132CM

And I want to use it in an exact inground concrete pool which I intend to build.
So what should I expect to happen with curved corners?
The pool will take the shape of the concrete walls.
Searching the net for a few days now but there seems to be no one who tried that out.
The cost for the pool-set in my country 590 €
Excavation with concrete ground and walls 2000 €
Thanks for your advice.
I just need to decide what measurements should I use for the construction.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-28-20-03-44-091_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-28-20-03-44-091_com.android.chrome.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify what you are trying to do, you don’t want to use the legs, just the liner suspended from the horizontal supports hanging on the concrete?

Not exactly.
It will be an angular wall shaped concrete pool and the liner will fit in it.
The weight of filled water will push the liner to the edges and it will need no hanging.
Just the liner at the top will be fixed to the walls so it does not bend down.
So no hanging at all.
I will do this maybe for a few years so that later I can finished it as it supposed to be, welded liner on place from a pool technician.
His services are expensive as for 549x274x132 pool costs more than 2000 € which is almost 4x pricier as I paid for this Intex ultra XTR set

Last edited:
It seems like if you’re spending the $ for concrete walls/ bottom/deck you could just add a normal vinyl liner & coping & plumb it as a regular inground pool. The intex pump will not self prime if the pool is below the pump so you will need an inground pump anyway. The intex pools are designed to work with their frame for structural integrity- they are also much more rigid/ less flexible than a traditional vinyl liner.

I don't understand how this will work, but I am interested to see. In the thread you referenced, he hung the liner from the deck, so the top was supported. How are you fixing the liner to the wall?
The liner will not pull down on the weight of water because it will be pushed to the felt soften concrete walls.
But at the top I will screw it with some inox lath and screws.
Its some 5k eur cheaper for me than whole installation with welded liner from pool technician.
My overall budget is projected to 4k€ all together.
However the pool will be ready to do all that profesional installation in a later timeline of 4-5 years.
The pump and Sandfilter will be at the same level as the pool in separate underground machine room.
Will post some photos during the project.
Thanks to all...

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.