IG Pool remodel in Tempe AZ

Waterline tile currently going in. Tomorrow is interior.
ba07e23c23ed06039ccda87fcf06a363.jpg

I am curious. How do they keep the tiles from sliding down? Is the mastic or whatever they use not allow the tiles to slide?

They had put a new layer of quickcrete it looked like over the surface where the existing waterline tile was. This provided a new smooth flat surface for them to put the new waterline tile down. Once that cured, which only took about 30 minutes, one guy used a trowel and applied an adhesive and the 2nd guy put the tile in place. It was pretty fast, he just lined it up and pressed it on and held it for a second and gave it a slight tap and it stayed. They tiled the entire pool in about 15 minutes once the new base was up. After the tile was put up they grouted it and then washed the tile off and they took off.

Today was supposed to be the day interior gets installed but as usual something came up. Today the interior guys truck is having difficulty so they will be out tomorrow to do the interior. Today they will finish installing my SWG power center and also install our new pedestal table. Tomorrow is interior and saturday is acid wash and fill. Guess it doesnt really matter since pool season has ended. More pics to follow!

Today they came out and put the top of our new table in place. Looks great and is very solid. They also finished up the electrical and they ended up tying my swg power cell into the old mechanical timer.

Table and waterline tile pics
1d2c3008c3163ec2c6d1857e2d7d0b0f.jpg

6586e8e197a65fd0fd96f649b9a8825f.jpg

28d12153030c44539464d886405ce7cb.jpg

fdbf0e56ae47fc431fbe4bcea6e8317b.jpg

11533f50337c81f8febead53a98cbcb7.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.