If Valves Are Hard to Turn/Twist

Gebo

Bronze Supporter
Aug 23, 2023
VA
OK, this may not be an appropriate question in this forum. If it's not, please just delete it. Or ask me to delete it. I just trust yall so I'm going where I have confidence in
getting the right answer.
On my spa, 2 of the valves are much harder to turn than the other 8 or so. It's the ones that control the waterfall and the shooting streams. My spa was purchased new but
it was made in 2021. Do you think I could remove them and delicately lube with some silicone or is that crazy talk?

These are original equip. Lol. I’m on the road today. Pics will be forthcoming.
This morning as I was turning them on before my SLAM , I kept turning til the water pressure shot it out like a geyser. There was a small rubber ring that I saw. That’s what made me think a little silicone might work.

I took the two apart yesterday. Pulled them completely out. Blew them out. Rinsed them out. Found nothing of interest. I did make sure when I put the valves back
in that the keys lined up. Installed the rings that hold the valves in place and carefully tightened them back. Made sure the control knobs were oriented towards the
water when I opened and closed them. And guess what, both valves work fine now. I'm guessing the "hold down" rings were just too tight????

Reactions: Mdragger88
If you can get to the parts clean with soft scrub with bleach but if they are stiff you should change them or wait until they are broken up to you.. some PVC valves are better at long term chemical abuse then others.

we use slice valves and they are bolt together…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.